The best boards are ones that snag a viewer’s interest with striking visuals, while remaining clear and easy to read. One way to achieve this balance is by applying a tint to your background image.
Folloze has several background image tint options:
- None: Just as it sounds – the original image, with no added tint.
- Use Theme Color: The board’s theme color becomes the tint.
- Light Overlay: A very light gray tint.
- Medium Overlay: A slightly darker gray tint than the Light Overlay.
- Dark Overlay: A very dark gray tint. The darkest tint option.
Tip: When choosing a tint, consider how your image looks before making any changes. Notice the colors and brightness. For example, if your original image was dark to begin with, adding a dark overlay could make it difficult to see certain details clearly.
In contrast, if the original picture is very bright, a darker tint could help make other parts of your banner, like your text, more readable. And, it never hurts to try different combinations of tints and images until you find one that feels right.
To change your banner background image’s tint:
1. Go to your Folloze homepage. Click on the board you want to change.
2. Click the Design tab. Go to Banner.
3. Go to Background Image Tint.
4. Click the menu button to the right. Select a new tint from the drop-down menu.
5. At the bottom, click Save to save your changes.