You’ve created a board and added some items. Now, it’s time for the really fun part – channeling your inner artist to design your board’s look and feel.
Fine-tuning your visuals is a key step to making an effective board. A clean, attractive design will make your board more appealing to viewers, and entice them to explore your content.
With those goals in mind, we’ve put together several guides to our design features, which explain how to get just the right look for your board.
Folloze design features are located in the design toolbox. Here's how to open the toolbox so you can start designing your board:
1. Go to your Folloze homepage.
2. Click on the board you want to design.
3. Click the Design tab to open the design toolbox. Each tab of the toolbox corresponds to a section of the board.
4. Click the tab corresponding to the section you want to design (for example, Banner).
5. Make your design changes.
6. When you finish, click Save at the bottom to save your changes.
Using the General design tab
The first tab under Design is called General. Here, you can adjust board fundamentals like your theme color, favicon and more.
Changing theme color
The theme color determines the color of many board features, including all action buttons, social media share buttons, icons in the promotions section, and group tabs in the items section.
For example, the theme color on the board below is a shade of orange:
To change a board’s theme color:
1. Go to your Folloze homepage. Click on the board you want to design.
2. Click the Design tab. Go to General.
3. Under Theme Color, click Select Color. You have two options:
a. Choose from one of eight pre-set colors.
b. Add a custom color by inserting a hex code in the code field.
Tip: If your organization has its own signature brand color, you can use it as a theme color to reinforce your brand identity to viewers.
First, find out your brand color’s hex code. Then, insert the code into the theme color code field.
4. At the bottom, click Save.
Remember: Changing your theme color will change the color of all tabs, icons and buttons throughout your board.