Do your prospects need nurturing or educating? Try setting up a content play to use your Folloze board and content items as the basis of a drip campaign.
In this type of campaign, rather than share a full board all at once, individual items from the board are sent out one by one in automated emails, providing prospects with a steady “drip” of relevant content throughout every stage of the sales cycle. It’s a great way to gradually introduce prospects to your product or service, and get them to take those first steps toward becoming a buyer.
To set up a content play on your board:
- Go to your Folloze homepage. Click on the board you want to use for your content play.
- Click on the Templates tab.
- To determine how frequently leads will receive emails, click and drag the slider under Email Frequency and select one of the following:
- 3 business days
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
3 business day logic: a content play is not sent on weekends and the weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) are skipped in the calculation. For example, if you select 3 business days and the first content play is sent on Thursday, the next one will be sent on Tuesday. If you select a date for the first content play on a Saturday or Sunday, it will be sent even on the weekend because the first content play is set by calendar date.
4. Under Send Emails at, use the drop down menus to determine the time and time zone your emails will be sent at on the designated day.
Note: Pay special attention to the time set for content plays sent on behalf of an individual or group. All emails will be sent out close to the time you select on different dates.
5. Under Exit Criteria, select a criteria for stopping the email drip campaign:
- No exit criteria: the content play continues until it is deactivated
- Viewed all items: the lead viewed all the displayed content items
- Clicked an action button: the lead clicked on at least one action button
- Landed on the board: the lead opened the board
6. Click Add Content. From the menu, select a content item for each step of your campaign. You can select a link to a board or to a specific item from your board.
Note: During a content play, you can only send prospects one email per day.
7. To edit the email message attached to the content item, click the envelope icon in the bottom left corner of each item tile, or simply click the tile itself.
The Email Message dialog opens.
8. Edit your campaign emails as needed and click Save.
9. To add another content item, click Add content and complete steps 6-8.
10. After adding all of the content items, enable the Activated toggle in the right-hand corner. The content play is now active and ready to share.
If you wish to continue editing the content play, disable the toggle to Not active.
11. To send a test email, click Test Send and enter an email address in the textbox. The recipient email will receive a preview of the content play emails.