Sending a campaign on behalf of salespeople is a common practice in marketing. Adding Folloze to this practice makes it that much more powerful as it connects sales and marketing like never before.
Typically marketers will prepare the campaign with all its components and the sellers will enjoy the notifications coming directly into their Folloze feed within Outlook. Email alerts will be sent directly to the sellers when a customer is highly engaged with the Folloze board and clicks a call to action on the board.
This guide will lead you through the process of producing a campaign on behalf of sellers that includes a Folloze board.
- Email – copy for one or more emails
- Folloze board/s
- List of contacts
- List of sellers
- For a seller to be the “inviter” on the board (contact info to be presented on top of the board, get notifications on customer activity) that seller has to have an active Folloze account.
- To check/request Folloze licenses, please send seller information (name, email, alias) to the Social Selling Support desk: email@example.com.
- Besides a Folloze account, all sellers have to be invited as “subsribers” to the Folloze board to get access to send the board.
- Once these sellers get their Folloze licenses and have activated their accounts, please contact Folloze Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure that these sellers are invited as Subscribers on the board.
- You can subscribe your sellers to a channel and add all relevant boards there, so you don't need to subscribe sellers separately to each board. Learn more about channels here.
Customer / Contact List
- Marketers or sellers can either provide the contact lists for the campaign, or request a customer list from MSX and/or Marketo by completing this form and sending it to US Service Desk list pull alias (email@example.com)
- Marketer to submit a request for email deployment through for ExactTarget thru MSC (Marketing Services), including email copy
Providing Folloze links to ExactTarget
A typical ExactTarget campaign will require two lists:
- A list of sellers – name, email, unique Folloze link. The Folloze link is set up such that the name and email of the customer are pulled directly from ExactTarget. However, the seller who is the inviter is hard coded into the link. As such, you will have to create unique link for each seller (not contact). The accompanying Excel spreadsheet is an example of the sellers list with a unique link for each seller.
- A list of customers / contact, each with an indication of the seller assigned to that contact. Please be sure that the list has been approved by the US Service Desk list pull alias (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ensure compliance.
Step by step instuctions for constructing the seller unique link:
1. In Folloze, click into the board you want to send in the campaign and select "Get link" in the following menu:
2. In the dialog that opens, in the “Campaign Link” section, click the drop down menu and select ExactTarget:
3. Copy the link that is generated. The link will look this:
Each expression inside “%%” will be populated by ExactTarget with the contact’s information.
4. In an Excel spreadsheet (Attached), you will have to add to this link a string that will indicated the seller who is the inviter. The addition is &email@example.com. The complete link will then be:
Please refer to the attached sample spreadsheet for the Excel formula that will help you create the link.
Test, test, test
Before sending the actual campaign, coordinate a test send with ExactTarget team and Folloze
MSC will send out the final campaign once all components are in place.
Please sign in to leave a comment.