When your board contains sensitive content, such as pricing data or product information, you can protect it by providing access to authorized contacts only with 2 Factor Authentication, as follows:
- You define the list of recipients authorized to access the board and send an invitation to view the protected board.
- When an authorized recipient tries to access the board, they are asked to verify their email address/domain.
- Your authorized recipients get an email from email@example.com with a verification code to log into the board. The code is valid for 5 mins and the recipient can perform up to 3 attempts to access the board. By default, the access remains valid for 30 days.
There are three ways to authorize your contacts:
- By domain: Authorizes anyone that arrives from this domain; for example, if you build an accounting board and want to restrict it to just this account
- By email: Authorizes specific recipients, including board owner, editor and subscriber.
- By domain and email
The list of recipients authorized to access the board is added by the campaign from Folloze, or by creating a trackable URL so all the recipients that appear in the pulse table are invited to access the board.
If the checkbox is selected, all contacts invited by email or a trackable link are automatically authorized.
To learn more about tracking URLs go to https://help.folloze.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002040367-Sharing-content-items.
Note: If the recipient shares the link with another person, they don’t have access. They need to be invited directly to view the board.
To define 2 Factor Authentication:
- Click Select Domain, select the domains that can have access from the list of options provided.
- To add an account domain, click Add Account Domain, then click Done. Default: Any value.
- To include the authorized recipients, select Include Email Recipients. Default: Selected.