Folloze allows you to write, edit and publish original content as articles directly inside your environment. You can also add images, videos and quotes to your article.
After articles are published you can share them as content items on your boards. For example, you can publish blog-style posts to a resource center or create content for specific target accounts.
An article goes through several life cycle stages before finally being published online. By default, an article is saved as a draft offline until published online. This allows you to continue writing and editing the content of your article before you are ready for others to see it on the live board.
The following statuses are available:
- Draft: Save your article as a draft before publishing. A draft is saved offline and is not visible on the live board. In case you saved an article as a draft it also appears under the Drafts tab in the Content Center.
- Publish: When you are ready to make the article available to customers, publish it online.
- Unpublished Changes: You can edit or change the article at any time, even after it is published. After saving changes, make sure to publish the article again if you want the changes to be seen on the live board.
To add an article to a board:
- Navigate to your Folloze homepage. Select the board you want to add an article to.
- Select Add Content > Article.
- Add a Title to your article and start writing your article on this page. A new article is automatically saved as a draft.
- To show the article author, published date and read time, select the settings icon and enable the appropriate toggles.
You can edit your article as you work, or save it as a draft and edit later.
- Highlight the text you wish to edit. A rich-text toolbar appears.
- Using the text editing options, make the desired formatting changes, including font styles and colors, text alignment, list formatting, and headers.
- Hover over an empty line and select the plus icon to add the following options to your article:
- Image: Select an image from the available images or upload an image of your own.
- Video: Enter a URL.
- Quote: Add a quote in italics to your article.
- Bullet list: Add a bullet list.
- Ordered list: Add an ordered list.
- Divider: Add a divider line in your article to break sections.
- To edit an image, select the image and the design options appear, including size, alignment, cropping, and more).
- If you wish to save the draft and continue writing and editing later, select Save as Draft. The Add Article window appears.
- In the Details tab, define the following:
The internal name you use to identify your article. You cannot edit this field after the article is created.
To review/edit the article, select Edit Article.
By default, this field is populated by the article title above. You can edit the title name here. This title is seen on the live board.
Note: If you change the article title here, this does not update the title in the Article Editor.
|Description||Provide a description telling what the article is about. The description is seen on the live board.|
|Keep private||Select this option if you wish to keep this article private so that it cannot be used by others.|
- To search the board and Content Center by tags, add tags to your article in the Tags tab. For example, if you are writing an article about marketing strategies for high-tech companies on a budget, add the tags “marketing strategies” and “budget” to the article. This will help you while searching for all content related to marketing strategies and budget.
- Configure the Visibility settings.
- Configure the Metadata settings.
- The Web Link is given a default image. If you wish to change this image, select a different image from the images provided or upload your own image.
- Select Add. The article is added to your board.
- To continue writing your article draft, select the article you wish to edit from your board.
- In the Details tab, select Edit Article. You can now continue writing and editing your draft.
To publish an article:
- To publish your article, select Publish. The article switches to online mode and is available on the live board.
- To make changes to your article after publishing, select Edit Article and make your changes. While a page has unpublished edits, a Unpublished Changes badge appears at the top of the page to remind you to publish.
- Select Save and Close.