Every board and content item has an owner. As a Company admin, you can transfer ownership of particular boards and content items to a new owner.
You can transfer ownership according to:
- A particular board
- The content owner
For example, if someone is leaving your company, you can transfer the boards and content items they own to someone else. Or, in case one employee is responsible for setting up a board, and then wants to transfer ownership to another person to continue managing the board.
In addition, you can transfer ownership by the content owner of the boards. This can be useful if someone is switching positions in your organization and you want to place someone else in charge. You can transfer all of the boards and content items they own to another person at once. If you transfer ownership to another user, all boards, items and Content Center items are also transferred to the new owner.
To transfer ownership:
- Go to Company Admin > Content.
- To transfer ownership according to a particular board, under Find Board, click Select Board and choose the board from the drop-down menu.
- Click Select.
- To transfer ownership according to content owner, under Find content owner, type in the name of the person you wish to replace.
- Under Replace owner to, type in the name of the person to whom you wish to transfer ownership.
- Click Change Owner.
- To confirm the transfer of ownership, click Confirm.