In our new digital-first world, as more people prefer to engage online on their own terms, creating virtual events can be a great opportunity for staying connected and sharing knowledge with your customers. Folloze allows you to host virtual Live Events on your board, such as livestream conferences, personal business meetings and webinars for delivering an engaging digital experience.
Using Live Events allows you to enjoy the following capabilities:
- End-to-end virtual event experience: Connect with customers before, during, and after live events.
- Personalized content: Personalize the Live Event by adding customized dynamic content to the board for a personalized customer experience.
- Video Stream: Full support for your video stream whether live or on-demand.
- Real-time chat: Collaborate with your customers during live events.
- Event options: Choose which option suits you best, livestream, pre-recorded video, or zoom meeting.
Here are the types of Live Events you can host:
- Zoom meetings. With Live Events, you can host a Zoom meeting and allow meeting attendees to collaborate, brainstorm and share ideas virtually. For example, your sales and customer success teams can use Zoom for hosting virtual lunch and learns with customers to introduce new product features and benefits. You can upload presentation slides as items on the board so that you can view them together with participants during the meeting. Or, send the board to customers beforehand, including slides, meeting intro or agenda so that they can properly prepare for the meeting. Likewise, you can conduct one meeting with several customers simultaneously while each customer views their personalized content and items on the board.
- Live stream events. This type of event is typically one-directional in which the presenter hosts the event and attendees do not interact with one another. As host, you can use the live event to introduce a new product or present your latest marketing strategy. To encourage audience involvement and make the event feel more personal and interactive, you can enable the chat during your live event so that participants can ask questions of the conference facilitator as well as communicate and network with other attendees.
- Semi-live, pre-recorded videos. If you’re looking for a way to run webinars and demos regularly, you can pre-record a video and schedule it to start at a designated date and time. This semi-live event gives your audience an experience that feels like a live session, especially with live chatting or a Q&A session at the end. Additionally, you can make the video available on the board for customers to watch on-demand at their convenience.
To create a Live Event on the board:
- Select the board you want to add a live event to.
- Go to the Design tab > Live Event.
- Enable Live Event Visibility.
- Choose the Live Event Type.
- Zoom: This option is ideal for hosting interactive sessions with audience participation.
- Stream: This option is ideal for hosting a view-only event. Participants can view content shared by the host and collaborate by chat. To use the stream option, you must have a live stream platform, such as Youtube and Vimeo.
- Provide a title and subtitle for the event.
- Name the event. Give a name that grabs your customer’s attention and inspires them to join. The event name appears in the placeholder.
- Enter the Zoom or Stream URL.
- To schedule the event for a specific date and time, enable the toggle.
- Start date: Use the calendar picker to enter the date your event is taking place. Set the time and time zone of the event.
The event placeholder appears on the board until the event starts.
- End date: If you want the event to appear on the board for a limited time, select Add End Date and schedule an end date for your event.
If the toggle is disabled, the event is available on-demand for customers to watch on the board.
- To open the chat for your audience in a live stream event, select Enable Chat. In case you are hosting a Zoom meeting, this option is unavailable.
- Select Reset Chat to delete the chat and start a new chat.
- To show the names of the event attendees, select Show Chat Attendees.
- Select Save.
Inform your customers about the upcoming event by sending them a link to the board. The Live Event appears in the placeholder under the board’s banner. If this is a scheduled event, the event’s information appears on the board until the event starts.
After the live event has ended, you can add the recorded event to your board for those who missed watching it live. Also, post-event follow up is important. Use your board to reach out to attendees with additional content about the event’s topic or include a survey to collect feedback.