Inviting others to your board
As a board owner, you can invite people to collaborate with you on your Folloze board in the following ways:
- Invite someone from your organization. This is useful for inviting colleagues to your board, allowing for collaboration on content or personalization.
- Invite someone from another organization thereby granting them board permissions, i.e., editor or subscriber. For example, invite an external collaborator, such as someone from an advertising agency to assist in designing and editing the board. Or, an agency employee who is the board owner designing a board for an organization can invite someone from the organization to add content to the board or edit as necessary.
To invite someone to your board:
- Hover over the board that you want to invite someone to.
- Perform one of the following:
- Click the menu button in the top right and then select Invite.
- Select the board you want to invite someone to and click the drop-down menu in the top right.
- Type the name or email address of the person you want to invite and select Send Invites.
After you invite someone to your board, the invitee receives an email including an invitation to view the board.
Leads and prospects visiting your board are interested in knowing who invited them to the board so that if they have any questions or comments they know who to contact. For all intents and purposes, the inviter becomes their “go-to” contact person.
The inviter and contact card presented can be the following:
- Anyone from your organization
- Anyone from outside the organization who has board permissions, i.e., board editor or subscriber
By default, the inviter and contact card are the same person.
However, you can name different people as the inviter and contact person. This can be useful when you’re building a board on behalf of another organization.
For example, you can invite leads to a board you're designing for a software company, yet name a representative from the software company as the contact card. When the lead has questions, they’ll want to contact the software company’s representative. Most likely, you won't have the information they need. The contact card includes the representative’s contact information, such as email address and phone number so that the lead can email or call with questions.
Additionally, you can assign an inviter using personalization rules for different audiences, so that each lead visiting your board is assigned a different inviter.
For example, you can set a personalization rule that if the lead is from the state of Michigan their contact is Laurie and if the lead is from Ohio their contact is David.
To change the inviter/contact card go to Design tab > Contacts / Alerts.
You can change the inviter/contact card in the following settings:
- Who is Inviter: Begin typing the person’s name and select the person from the autocomplete results.
- Whose Contact Card is presented: Select the inviter or enter a different name.
- Set personalization for assigned inviter: Create a personalization rule to assign an inviter. Enter a name or email of the assigned inviter.