Once you’ve added a few items to a board, you may want to arrange them into a different sequence. This is important, because the sequence of items on the board determines the order in which viewers see your content.
For instance, say you place an infographic item immediately in front (to the left) of a video item. When a visitor to the board clicks through your content, they will see the infographic first, then the video next.
To move an item on a board:
1. Click the item you want to move.
2. Drag the item into the spot you want to place it in. As you drag, a blue vertical line will appear indicating the item’s position.
How to put items in groups
A group is a collection of related items clustered together on a board. When making a board, groups are indicated by a colored tab with a title and a horizontal line.
How groups appear when making a board
To viewers, groups appear as tabs that divide a board’s item section.
Note: When viewers visit a board, all groups and group tabs are the same color; specifically, the board’s theme color. To change your theme color, go to Design, then General, then Theme Color.
Arranging items into groups can keep your board organized. And, it’s simple to do!
You can group items by topic, chronological order, or however you see fit. For example, say you’re sending a board to an account for the first time. Your goal: demonstrate value right away.
To achieve this, you can create two separate groups, “Why [Our Approach]” and “Learn More,” and divide your items between them. Cluster your most valuable content in the group “Why [Our Approach]” and move it into the first position on the board. Place everything else in “Learn More.” This ensures that visitors to the board see your most useful, compelling materials first.
To add a new group to your board:
1. Go to your Folloze homepage. Click on the board you want to create a group for.
2. Click the Add Group box in the upper right.
3. Enter a group name.
4. Click the checkmark to finish creating the group.
Note: The first time you add a group to a board, Folloze automatically creates a second group called Other. Any content items you’ve added so far will automatically get placed in Other, and will stay there until you move them.
To put an item into a group:
1. Click the item you want to move.
2. Drag the item into the group you want to place it in.
Note: Remember - from a viewer’s perspective, groups appear as tabs that divide the item section of your board. Each tab is labeled with the name of its corresponding group. To see this perspective, click the Preview icon in the top right of the board back-end.
To edit or delete a group:
1. Hover over the colored tab with the name of the group you want to edit.
2. To the right, click the pencil icon (edit button) to open the editing window.
3. Make changes to the group name and/or color.
4. To delete a group, click Remove group. Be careful - deleting a group will delete all its items from the board as well!
How to move groups on a board
Sometimes you may want to rearrange your groups so that viewers see a certain group first. Just like with items, the sequence of groups on a board determines the order in which viewers see them.
For example, say you place a group called “Why ABM” immediately in front of (to the left) of a group called “Learn More.” When a visitor opens your board for the first time and goes to the items section, they will see the “Why ABM” group tab first, then “Learn More” next.
Moving a group to a new position is a lot like moving an individual item. Just follow these steps:
1. Click the tab of the group you want to move.
2. Drag the group into the position you want to place it in. As you drag, a blue vertical line will appear indicating the group’s placement on the board.