The Eloqua integration goals are:
- Report lead engagement data to Eloqua
- Create and update Eloqua contacts
- Comply with contact subscription preferences defined in Eloqua
- Ensure Folloze activity is mapped to appropriate Eloqua and Salesforce campaigns for proper attribution
- Leverage Eloqua as an email sending service for Folloze-generated email campaigns
The integration capabilities are:
- Track Prospect Engagement
- Email send, Email open, Board view, Item view, CTA, Board share
- Create/Update New contact
- Contact Subscription Preferences
- Block emails to contacts that are unsubscribed from Global Settings or specific email groups
- Send Email via Eloqua
- Route Folloze email (single touch, multi touch) via Eloqua with seller email as the sender
- Flexibility in reporting prospect data to Eloqua
- Post Folloze activity data to Eloqua via a form post for campaign triggering or using External Activities for advanced reporting in Eloqua Insight
Integration set up:
- Install the app in your Eloqua instance or in a sandbox environment using a provided link.
2. To configure preferences, go to Company Admin > Integrations > Eloqua.
Note: If you do not have access to Company Admin, please reach out to your CSM.
- Connect Folloze to Eloqua with the Eloqua Connect button.
- Decide if to apply Eloqua’s subscription management.
- Choose email group to check recipient subscription against
- Select whether user should be ‘opt-in’ to the email group in order to send the email.
Illustration 1: logic of the unsubscribe check against Eloqua
- Decide which method to use to report prospect activities in Eloqua:
- External Activities
- Form submits - requires to select the form object in Eloqua
- Decide which events to track in Eloqua and the text that is used to record it.
- Email sent
- Email open
- Board view
- Item view
- Board share
- Action click
- Gated Form
- Event Registration
7. In order to report activities against the Eloqua campaign go to the board’s Design Tab.
- For External Activities - enter the Eloqua Campaign ID to report the external activity. If empty, a new campaign will be created for this board with the same name as it appears in Folloze e.g. "ModoMind Top 200 Accounts [Eloqua Demo]" and the activities will be reported toward this campaign.
- For Form submit - define the Salesforce Campaign ID to report in the form submit.
Reporting Prospect Activities in Eloqua
External Activity Example
These are the fields that will be reported as part of the form submit API call:
- Contact EmailAddress
- BoardId (Type: Text)
- ActivityType(Type: Text)
- ActivityData (Type:Text)
- ActivityTrackingLink (Type: Text)
- CampaignID (Type: Text) Note: this will only be available if populated on CRM Campaign ID field in the board designer tab
- ActivityDate (Type: Date)
- LeadSourceDetails (Type: Text) Note: If CRM Campaign Name is populated in board designer tab, the value will be passed into this form field
Defining Eloqua as an Email Provider
Another functionality the Eloqua integration allows is the option to send all Folloze board invitations via an Eloqua provider rather than through Folloze servers or a personal email system.
To enable this functionality, please reach out to your CSM or Customer Solution Engineer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.