Folloze allows you to use Content Gating to require unknown users to identify themselves on a form before viewing content items. You can also choose to require known users to complete a form before viewing an item.
You can gate all the content on your board or only specific items.
To enable content gating on boards:
- Select the board on which you want to enable content gating.
- Click the Designer tab > Items.
- In the Content Gating pane, enable the toggle. Leads will be prompted to complete a form before viewing the gated content item.
- To require leads to complete the form before viewing gated content, enable Mandatory Gating. If disabled, users can view the item by closing the form.
- To also require known leads to complete a form before viewing gated content, enable Known Visitor Gating. If disabled, only unknown leads are required to complete a form before viewing gated content.
- If you enabled content gating, select a form from the drop-down list.
- Give the form a Title.
- Configure the form fields as Optional, Required, or Invisible. To learn more about adding forms to boards, see Adding Call-to-Action Buttons on Boards.
- In the Submit Form Button Label pane, name the button label (i.e., Send, Submit).
- Enter a thank you message to display when the lead submits the form, i.e., Thanks for contacting us!
- In the On submit, open a URL - inline pane, add a URL to redirect leads upon submitting the form. Or, leave the field empty for leads to remain on the board.
- To automatically fill in the form in case the lead is recognized by the system, enable Auto fill.
- To add a Privacy Message to the form, select a message from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
After content gating is enabled, you can gate specific content items in the Content tab.
To gate a content item:
- Go to the Content tab.
- Select the item you want to gate. The Edit Item dialog opens.
- Click the Visibility tab and under Audience Permissions, select Gating from the drop-down list.
- Click Save. A lock icon appears on the gated item.