By default, Folloze boards have HTTP URLs. Based on your organization's needs/preferences, you may configure your account to use HTTPS links for boards instead.
Process for Implementing the SSL certificate for a Custom URL
1. Locate the stakeholder in your company that can help you implement CNAME changes and redirects (typically within IT, Web Team, or Marketing Operations)
2. Notify your Customer Success Manager you want to initiate the process
3. Provide your CSM with the following Details:
- Preferred private subdomain
- Contact information for the person identified in Step 1
- Deadline or goal launch date, if applicable
4. Based on the provided details, Folloze will communicate with the technical contact identified in
Step 1 to accomplish the following:
- Create a testing CNAME and route it to a URL for verification through our certificate service
- Once verified, create a CNAME for the subdomain and point it to http://v3gateway.folloze.com/
Boards On Folloze Domain
For boards that are hosted on a Folloze domain activating https URLs is from the admin feature, and can only be done by company admins.
1. Inform your CSM you would like to initiate the process.
2. Wait for confirmation from your CSM that your organization has been added to Folloze's certificate.
3. Navigate to company admin - settings tab
4. Turn "Enable https" toggle on and save.
All newly created boards will automatically receive an HTTPS URL.
If you want to change current board links from HTTP to HTTPS, send a list of board links to activate to your CSM.
Once your boards are configured with HTTPS URLs, all URL content on your boards must be HTTPS as well, as regular HTTP type URLs will not be able to load properly within your boards.
Make sure to go over your boards to check that they don't contain HTTP links. If they do, they need to be configured to open in a new tab, updated to HTTPS, or removed.