After adding content items to a board, you can arrange them into your order of preference. This is important, because the sequence of items on the board determines the order in which viewers see your content.
For instance, say you place an infographic item immediately before a video item (to the left); when a visitor to the board clicks through your content, they will see the infographic first, and the video next.
To arrange content items on a board:
- Select the board you wish to arrange the content on. The content item tab opens and all of your items are displayed.
- To rearrange content items, drag and drop the items into your order of preference.
You can divide your items into different categories and sub-categories. Then, you can reorganize the items within a category by drag and drop. The categories can be reorganized by drag and drop as well.
To create a category:
- Select the board you wish to add a category to.
- Click Add Category.
- Enter the name of your category and click Create.
- To convert a category into a web link, click Make it a Web Link (URL).
The category is created and displayed on the left-hand side. The number of items in each category is also displayed. For example, if you have a website page containing all of the relevant content for a category, you can link that page here as a category and make the content available on your board.
5. To edit a category name, hover over the category and click the vertical menu button.
6. To delete a category, hover over the category and click the vertical menu button.
To add a sub-category:
- Hover over the category and click the icon.
- Enter the name of the subcategory and click Create.
The sub-category is created and displayed under the category on the left-hand side.
To add your items to a category or a sub-category:
- Choose the items you wish to add to a category or sub-category.
- Drag and drop each item into the relevant category/sub-category.
The items are now available in this category and you can arrange them into your order of preference within the category by drag and drop.
3. To remove an item from a category or sub-category, hover over the item in the category and click the unassign icon.
More information about categories:
- You can add a content item to more than one category.
- If you wish to remove an item from a category, hover over the item in the category tab and unassign it from the category.
- The order of items in the Home category and other categories is managed separately. This allows you to arrange the order of items differently in the Home category and the other categories you created.