Privacy Messages, or Cookie Warnings, are required by The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and its purpose is to notify users about cookie usage and collection. Getting consent is required for setting cookies for all individual citizens of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA).
You can implement custom Privacy Warnings for all of your boards on an organizational level, or select on a per board level.
You can also use the Folloze default Privacy Message:
On an organizational level:
You can create your own Privacy Messages and add them to a list of Privacy Messages for your organization.
1) Navigate to Company Admin > Boards > General.
2) Click the ‘Add New’ button to create a new Privacy Warning (you can create multiple warnings) and then decide which one will be the default message.
- Name the Privacy Message.
- Add description to the message to help board owners understand the purpose of this message.
- Choose the position of the message on the screen (top or bottom of the board).
- Choose if you would like to allow the user to close the message.
- Type the Privacy Message.
- Add the URL for the 'Learn more' hyperlink.
7. Click Save
8. Confirm which Privacy Warning you would like as the default for your organization and click Save again.
On a board level:
You can choose to enable or disable the Privacy Warning:
1) Go to your Folloze home page.
2) Select the board you want to add a Privacy Warning.
3) In the board navigator, click on the Designer icon -> General tab and scroll down to Show Privacy Warning.
4) By moving the toggle next to ‘Show Privacy Warning’ to green, you have enabled the Privacy Warning for this selected board only.
5) If you want the message to be shown only in regulated countries, not all, move the toggle next to ‘Only Regulated Countries’ to green, too.
6) Click Save