With Folloze Vanity URLs, you are able to provide your customers a clean and simple board URL, to maximize visitor traffic. You can choose to display a board's URL with or without a token. Read our article on updating your board's access settings to see which option is best for your use case.
To set up your board’s Vanity URL:
1. Go to Designer -> General
2. Type in your choice
3. Confirm the changes
Along with electing a Vanity URL to align with your campaign, you can opt to remove the token from the URL through each board's Access and Security Settings.
When you opt to not include the random token in your board's URL, it will display like this:
When you opt to include the random token in your board's URL, it will display like this:
You may also notice that when visiting your board, you see a longer version of your vanity URL. Here are the components:
- Domain = Your organization's domain
- Alias = Board alias or board name you created
- Categoryname = Category name (“home” if no category is specified)
- Itemname = Item name (if linking to a specific item)
- Token = The unique identifier (same as before), if turned on
Note: even with the random token turned off, any Group or Individual links, along with embedded board links and those sent to individuals through Folloze, Salesforce or Outlook, will generate a token in the URL in order to store the identifying/tracking information.
Some tips and things to consider:
- The default Vanity URL is a randomly generated number.
- The Vanity URL must be unique within your organization (i.e. no 2 boards can use the same).
- The URL has to be alphanumeric only, any special characters will be removed, and spaces will be replaced with hyphens ‘-’.
- When changing a Vanity URL, the previous URL will still work, so any links you shared in the past will redirect to the new URL.
- The default category is “home” if no other exists.
- The default for items is the item name (title). If the name is not unique, a random 4 digit number will be appended to the item name.
- There is no change in how you add parameters to the URL (i.e., UTM Sources).
- The character limit for each element of the URL is 150 characters.
- When duplicating a board, the default alias would be the new board’s name.
For more information on how to update your board's Vanity URL, we've created this walk-through video tutorial.