With Folloze Vanity URLs, you are able to provide your customers a clean and simple board URL, to maximize visitor traffic. You can choose to display a board's URL with or without a token. Read our article on updating your board's access settings to see which option is best for your use case.
To set up your board’s Vanity URL:
1. Go to Designer -> General
2. Type in your choice
3. Confirm the changes
Some tips and things to consider:
- The best way to get a link to the board is using the "Get Link" menu
- The default Vanity URL is a randomly generated number.
- The Vanity URL must be unique within your organization (i.e. no 2 boards can use the same).
- The URL has to be alphanumeric only, any special characters will be removed, and spaces will be replaced with hyphens ‘-’.
- When changing a Vanity URL, the previous URL will still work, so any links you shared in the past will redirect to the new URL.
- The default category is “home” if no other exists.
- The default for items is the item name (title). If the name is not unique, a random 4 digit number will be appended to the item name.
- There is no change in how you add parameters to the URL (i.e., UTM Sources).
- The character limit for each element of the URL is 150 characters.
- When duplicating a board, the default alias would be the new board’s name.
For more information on how to update your board's Vanity URL, we've created this walk-through video tutorial.