With Folloze Vanity URLs, you are able to provide your customers a clean and simple board URL, to maximize traffic to your content boards.
This features changes the way links look in Folloze to this new format:
- Domain Part = Same as before
- Alias = Board alias or board name
- Categoryname = Category name (“home” if no category is specified)
- Itemname = Item name (if linking to a specific item)
- Token = The unique identifier (same as before)
Example Vanity URL:
In the above example:
- Alias = iphone11
- Categoryname = features
- Itemname = faceID
- Token = 123
Old Format vs Vanity URL:
To set up your board’s Vanity URL:
1. Go to Designer -> General
2. Type in your choice
3. Confirm the changes
Some tips and things to consider:
- The default alias is a randomly generated number.
- The alias has to be unique within your organization (i.e. no 2 boards can use the same alias).
- The URL has to be alphanumeric only, any special characters would be removed, and spaces would be replaced with hyphens ‘-’.
- When changing an alias, the previous URL will still work, so any links you shared in the past will redirect to the new URL.
- The default category is “home” if no other exists.
- The default for items is the item name (title). If the name is not unique, a random 4 digit number will be appended to the item name.
- Appending more parameters to the URL such as UTMs is done as before, with ‘&’.
- The character limit for each element of the URL is 150 characters.
- When copying a board, the alias is not copied, therefore the default alias would be the new board’s name.