Folloze personalization capabilities provide each visitor to the board a personalized digital experience.
To further leverage this feature, utilize the "URL Parameter" personalization rule to create multiple variations of a single board. This option is optimal for inbound motions such as digital ad campaigns when the segments don't align to any of the default attribute values. This is also a great option for A/B testing.
The variant parameter will not be stored in the board or visitor analytics section. If variant tracking is necessary, leverage UTM parameters.
To learn more about creating personalization rules, read Personalizing Design and Messaging.
To add personalization variants:
- Select the board you wish to personalize.
- Go to the Designer tab or Personalization Studio tab.
- Locate the applicable section and click the personalization icon .
- Select Create rules block.
5. From the parameter drop-down list, select URL Parameter 'var'.
6. Select the variant and click Done to create the rules block.
7. To add a new variant, click Add URL Parameter 'var' in the upper right-hand corner, type the value and click Add (this value will be automatically selected when returning to the previous window), then click Done.
8. Add the value and messaging/content to be displayed for these audiences.
Once the board's personalization rules are configured, the variant parameter must be appended to the end of the board's URL before being sent. We recommend compiling a document of all appended links in order to edit or repurpose the links as needed.
To append links:
- Click the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand side and click Get Link.
2. Select the first option, Public Link, and click Copy Link.
3. Open an Incognito Browser (this is CRUCIAL for ensuring that cookies stored in the browser do not override testing parameters).
4. Paste the link into the browser's address bar and modify the end of this link to include &var=[value] (if tokenized link) or ?var=[value] (if vanity url).
5. Repeat this step for any subsequent variant values and utilize the applicable links for those audience segments.
If you have further questions or need assistance adding variant values, please reach out to your Folloze CSM for assistance.