This article will cover the various settings found under Profile -> Company Admin -> Integrations -> Marketo. If you need to set up your Marketo integration from scratch, please start with this article.
Here is an overview of all possible Marketo Settings in the Integration tab. This article will be covering the settings seen on the right:
Create new leads
Turning this setting on will allow Folloze to create new leads in Marketo based on Folloze board traffic. If a known lead lands on the board, and that lead does not exist in Marketo (by unique email address), a new lead will be created.
Update data for existing leads
Turning this setting on will allow Folloze to update data for existing leads in Marketo. If a lead is known to Folloze (email address is specified) and their email address also exists in Marketo, we will update Person/Lead information for this lead in Marketo.
Associate lead with a program
Turning this setting on will allow Folloze to associate a known lead with the Program that was created in your initial setup. If this setting is turned off, leads will not be associated with a Program, and their Status will not be updated.
Report Prospect Activities
Turning this setting on will enable you to select which activities you would like to report on. In the table below, check the boxes to enable each activity you would like to pass to Marketo. In the "Text in Marketo" column, specify the Marketo Field Names (API names) you would like to map to. Most people will not need to change these names from the default.
- Email sent - report when an email is sent to the lead
- Email open - report when the lead opens an email. Note: some email security programs will either block open tracking, or have a "preview" functionality that will report an opened email automatically, regardless of actual open status. Because of this, email open statistics are not 100% accurate.
- Board view - report when a board is viewed (any landing on the board by a known lead)
- Item view - report when the known lead views any item
- Board share - report when the lead uses the "Share" button in the header of a board to share the board via email or social media
- Action click - report when the lead clicks on a CTA button on the board
- Gated form - report when the lead fills out a Gating Form to view content
Lead's Attributes Mapping
In this table, you may specify the Field ID/API Name for each of your custom attributes. Then, this data will be mapped from Folloze's custom lead attributes to Marketo based on the field name specified. If you need to add custom fields to this table, please see below.
Customization of new leads fields and custom activity
As an Enterprise platform, Folloze allows customization of the new lead/person object in Marketo as well as the custom activity fields. To request additional fields, please submit a ticket to firstname.lastname@example.org