The D&B integration provides account data and segment/audience data to enrich analytics and activate personalization.
Here are several common use cases for the D&B integration:
- Inbound unknown leads. When an anonymous lead lands on a board, Folloze can leverage D&B visitor intelligence data to identify the account and retrieve account data via the D&B Lattice to enrich analytics and personalization.
- Outbound known leads. When a known lead lands on a board, Folloze can leverage D&B Lattice data based on the lead’s domain to enrich account details, update analytics and activate personalization.
- Personalization studio. Use the D&B Lattice data dictionary to personalize the account experience.
Before you begin, make sure you have:
- Company Admin access to Folloze
- D&B Visitor Intelligence API key
- D&B Lattice Client ID
- D&B Lattice Client Secret
- D&B white list the Folloze domain if not using an external domain (i.e., boards are configured to use yourcompany.folloze.com)
Follow these four main steps to set up D&B:
- Step 1 - Activate
- Step 2 - Identify and enrich
- Step 3 - Personalize
- Step 4 - Analyze
Here’s a closer look at each step:
Step 1 - Activating the integration
To activate D&B:
- Open your profile picture at the top-right, select Company Admin.
- Select Integrations > Data Providers > D&B.
- To activate the D&B API, enable the toggle by selecting the On radio button.
- Enter the required D&B API information:
- D&B API Key (Visitor intelligence)
- D&B Client ID (Lattice)
- D&B Client Secret (Lattice)
- Click Connect to save the API key and active API settings.
Step 2 - Identifying and enriching data
- Identify: Leverage D&B account data for identifying unknown leads.
- Enrich: Retrieve an account data set from D&B about both known and unknown leads for analytics and personalization purposes.
You can view data retrieved from D&B in the following places on the Folloze platform:
- Pulse table
- Account Dashboard
Step 3 - Personalizing account data
When D&B is connected as a data provider, its data dictionary appears in the Folloze personalization studio. If you see the “DB” sign on a rule it shows this data came from D&B. Here, you can create new personalization rules based on the fields defined in the D&B data dictionary.
To create personalization rules:
- Select the board you wish to personalize.
- Go to the Personalization studio tab.
- Select Add alternative rule or Create rules block. A list of D&B fields opens.
- Select a rule from the lists of D&B fields and apply the rule to your board viewer.
|Field name in UI||Field Name in DnB||Example||Type|
Account D-U-N-S Number
9 digits (Left Padded with 0 if Length < 9)
|Account City||City||San Francisco||CHAR(500)|
|Account Spend Capacity||Buydex Spend Capacity||78||Numerical (1 to 99)|
|Account Revenue Range||Domestic Sales Range (USD)||501M-1B||Value List|
|Account Fortune 1000 ranking||Fortune 1000 Ranking||564||Numerical (1 to 1000)|
|Account Employee Range||Global Employee Range||201-500||Value List|
|Account Growth Trajectory||Growth Trajectory||7||Numerical (1 to 9)|
|Account Known Name||Tradestyle Name||Chevron||CHAR(500)|
|Account Industry||Domestic Ultimate Core Industry||Pharmaceuticals||Value List|
You’ll also find these fields in the Design tab for creating personalized rules for various board design elements such as messaging, banners, logos, call-to-actions, and promoted content. For example, you can use D&B fields to personalize the background image or title of your board.
Step 4 – Analyzing customer engagement
With the D&B data provider, you can gain insights into your customer profile and then track customer engagement in both the Folloze account dashboard and Pulse table.
Now that the D&B integration is all set up, you can start taking advantage of all its exciting capabilities.