What is a Call-to-Action?
To encourage your visitors to take action on your board, add a Call-to-Action (CTA), also called an action button to your board.
This action can be to schedule a demo, contact sales, complete a form, register for an event and more. A visitor who clicks a CTA is considered highly engaged, and is a prime candidate for a sales follow-up.
Whenever a visitor clicks any CTA, Folloze sends an email alert to the person who invited the user to the board (the inviter). These alerts can be turned off under My Settings.
Creating a Call-to-Action
You can create a Call-to-Action and add it to your board on the header, banner or promotion areas.
To create a CTA and add it to your board:
- Select the board you wish to design.
- Go to the Designer tab. Select the section, Header, Banner, or Promotion, where you want to add the CTA. You can also add a Form CTA on the Banner in the Show form on board section and for content gating.
- Enable Action Button.
- In Button Text, enter the text you wish to appear on the CTA button, i.e. Schedule a demo or Ask a question. This is the text that a lead sees on the board.
- In Click Action, select a CTA type from the drop-down menu.
You can choose from the following CTAs:
- Contact Me: enables leads to send you an email address.
- Send a Message: enables leads to send you a message. If the lead is unknown, they are prompted to enter an email address.
- Open a URL - new tab: generates a link for a new window.
- Open a URL - inline: generates a link in the current window.
- Form: generates a form for leads to fill out and send to you.
- Share: enables leads to share your board with their colleagues. The lead is prompted to enter the email address of a colleague.
- Registration: generates a registration form for leads to register for live events or to view gated content on your board. To learn more about adding a registration page to a board, read our article here.
6. Configure the action button based on the CTA type.
- When you select Send a Message, Contact Me, Share or Form, you can add a privacy message.
- When you select Open a URL, add a link to a new window or to the current window.
- When you select Form, Registration, or Share, you can notify a customer by email that the form was received using the email template of your choice.
- When you select Form or Registration, select the type of form from the drop-down menu.
- Classic form: An OOTB form that you can set which fields are required, optional or invisible; but you cannot add fields to the form. You can also enter text for the Submit Form Button Label, i.e., Submit or Send. Additionally, you can enable Auto fill so that the form is automatically filled in case the lead is recognized by the system.
- External form: A form created and formatted in an external system.
- Marketo form: A form created in Marketo and added to the Folloze instance. The Marketo form appears in the list of form options marked with a ‘Marketo’ label. Before you can add your Marketo form to a board, request from your Company Admin to embed your formatted Marketo form in Folloze. By default, Folloze auto-fills the following fields on the form: first name, last name, email, company, phone, country and state. The remaining fields are controlled by Marketo.
- Custom form: A form created and formatted by a Folloze developer. You cannot edit any of the form's fields.
7. Click Save.
Optional form settings
When selecting a Classic or Marketo form, configure the following optional settings:
- Enter a Form Title.
- Enter a thank you message to display when the lead submits the form, i.e., Thanks for contacting us! We will be in touch with you soon!
- Add a URL to redirect leads upon submitting the form. Or, leave the field empty for leads to remain on the board.
- To automatically fill in the form in case the lead is recognized by the system, enable Auto fill.
- To send an email to leads notifying them that the form was received or that the board was shared, enable Send an email upon submission and select an email template from the drop-down list. To learn more, see Notifying leads of form submission or board sharing.
- When a lead clicks on any CTA their status in the Pulse table is updated to “clicker.”
- Any time a lead clicks on a CTA it appears in the Activity Stream of the Pulse table and is recorded in the company reports.
- When a lead clicks on a Registration CTA their status in the Registration Status column is updated to “Registered.”