To give your board more value, you can add additional information, links and updates in the Promotion area.
For example, you can use the Promotion area for highlighting your value proposition, adding information or pictures of speakers at your live event, or touching on customer pain points and how your product/service resolves them.
Before you begin:
- Choose icon images to use in your promo area. You can choose icon images from the Image Library, from the web or upload images from your computer.
- The maximum file size for images is 25 MB.
- Icons must be in a square format (equal width and height dimensions).
- Minimum dimensions of an icon image are 110x110 pixels.
To design the promotion area:
- Select the board you wish to design.
- Click the Designer tab > Promotion.
- To add a promo area to the board, enable Show Promotional Area.
- To display the promo area, enable Promo Area Visibility. If disabled, the board appears without a promotion area.
- To delete a promo area, click the trash icon.
While you are working on your Promotion area, you can view its design in the highlighted display on the right-hand side. To learn more, see Previewing a Board Design.
- In the Position On Board pane, select the position of the promotion area on the board:
- Below Banner
- Above Items
- Below Items
- Above Footer
See the diagram below for guidance on positioning the Promotion area.
- Add a Main Title to the promotion area. Titles are limited to 2000 characters.
- To provide additional information, add a Subtitle. Subtitles are limited to 2000 characters.
- To display a column area in the promotion area, enable Show Column Area. If disabled, the promotion area consists of only a title, subtitle and action button if added.
- To add a column in the column area, click Add Columns. You can add up to 20 columns in each promotion area. The column area can be split into separate columns, up to 4 in a row.
- In the Columns Align pane, select the column alignment:
- Align Center
- Align Left
- Align Right
- To show icons in the columns area, enable Show Icons.
- If you enabled the Show Icons toggle, select the icon size from the drop-down list.
- To design a column, select the column number you want to work on from the Columns List. The selected column is highlighted in blue.
- Click on Select Icon and choose an icon from the list or click Upload custom icon to use your own icon.
The color of icons is set by the theme color.
After uploading an icon image it appears in the column area of the Promotion area.
- To make an icon into a link, enter a URL link in the URL Icon textbox.
- Add a Title and a Description to each column.
- To move between the columns using arrows, enable Show as Carousel. This option is available if you have added 4 or more columns.
- To add a CTA to any Columns area, enable Action Button and write the Button Text in the textbox.
- If you enabled the Action Button toggle, select the Click Action type from the drop-down menu. For more information on CTAs, see Adding Call-to-Action Buttons to Boards.
- Click Save.
- To add an additional promotion area, click on the plus icon next to Add Area. After adding a promo area, repeat steps 4-19 to design the promo area and its column area.
You can add up to three promotion areas to a board.
- To preview your promotion area design, click View Board.
Additional information on positioning areas on the board
The positioning of the Promo and Side By Side areas on the board is relative to each other. For example, if you select Below banner slot 1, the promo area is positioned directly below the banner and the side by side area is positioned in slot 2 below the banner.
Here is an example of how the areas are positioned on a live board:
If you positioned the side by side area below the banner, the system automatically positions the promo area in the below banner slot 2. However, you can change these options to position the areas as you wish.
If you select Above footer slot 2, the promo area is positioned directly above the board’s footer.
Here is an example from a live board:
The number of available slots depends on the number of promo areas you added to the board. For instance, if you added three promo areas to the board, you have the option to position the promo and side by side areas in slot 1, 2, 3 or 4 above the footer or in slot 1, 2, 3 or 4 below the banner.
Positioning of the Side By Side and Promo areas on the board is versatile, and allows you to adjust their position in any combination. For example, you can position two promo areas above the footer and one promo area and the side by side area below the banner.