After you have added content to your board, edit and design the Items area, the part of the board containing your content items.
For example, you can show the number of views and likes and the item type on each content item. You can also add a search box to enable leads to search for specific content items.
To design the Items area:
- Select the board you wish to design.
- Click the Designer tab > Items.
While you are working on your Items area, you can view its design in the highlighted display on the right-hand side. To learn more, see Previewing a Board Design.
- Add a Title to the items area. Titles are limited to 80 characters.
- To provide additional information, add a Subtitle. Subtitles are limited to 375 characters.
- In the Select Category Theme pane, choose a theme:
- Classic: underlines the selected category theme
- Accent: highlights the selected category theme
- To display all content items in the Items area, enable Show Home category (All Items). To display a specific category and hide the home category, disable the toggle.
- To display the number of views on a content item, enable Show number of views.
- To display the number of likes on a content item, enable Show number of likes.
- To display the item type on a content item, enable Show item type.
- To add a search box in the items area, enable Show Search box.
- To display a description about the item, enable Show item description. The description is taken from the Edit Article dialog.
- To disable leads from downloading files, select Disable files download.
- To select a new leading item, click Change. The Select Leading Item dialog opens. Choose a leading item and click Select.
A board can have one leading item only. The leading item is enlarged and appears as the first item on the board, under the banner. To learn more, see Selecting a leading item.
- To apply personalization rules to the title, subtitle and leading item, click on the personalization icon. To learn more, see Personalizing Content Items.
- To gate a content item, enable Content Gating. Leads will be prompted to complete a form before viewing the gated content item. To learn more, see Content Gating.
- To make content gating mandatory, enable Mandatory Gating. The lead is required to complete the form to view the content item.
- To require known leads to complete a form before viewing gated content, enable Known Visitor Gating. If disabled, only unknown leads are required to complete a form before viewing gated content.
- If you enabled content gating, select a form from the drop-down list.
- Name the form and configure the form fields and settings. To learn more about adding forms to boards, see Adding Call to Action Buttons to a Board.
- To add a Privacy Message to the form, select a message from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
- To preview the Items area design, click View Board.