You can enrich your board content by adding Web Links to references and useful sources.
In addition, you can host web pages on your board using an iframe. In certain circumstances, your browser's security or legal policies might block some web items from being hosted on the board and a blank screen is shown instead. To resolve this issue, a snapshot of the web page item is created automatically, which directs the lead to view the URL in a new tab.
You can choose to disable the snapshot option and display the web items as is. You can enable or disable the snapshot toggle under the Details tab at the item level or at the content center level if the item is shown on more than one board.
Before you begin:
- Choose an image to use for the web link item tile. You can choose an image from the Image Library, from the web or upload an image from your computer.
- The maximum file size for images is 25 MB.
- Prepare the size of the item tile image to ensure it displays appropriately. The image size for item tiles is fixed at 350 pixels width by 235 pixels height.
To add a Web Link:
- Go to your Folloze homepage and select the board you want to add a Web Link to.
- Click Add Content > Web Link (URL).
- Insert the URL you wish to add.
- Configure the web link’s settings.
- Use the Details tab to define the following:
|Title||In most cases, once you add a URL, the title is populated based on the link’s metadata. If you wish, edit the title and provide a custom title for the Web Link. Titles should be distinct, descriptive and concise.|
When you add an item on your board, Folloze gives it a default URL based on the item's title. You can change the default URL and create a vanity URL making your item more appealing for your customers.
To learn more about creating vanity URLs, read this article.
|Description||In most cases, once you add a URL, the description field is populated. If you wish, edit the description field and provide your own description about the Web Link, including relevant information about the link.|
Select this option if you wish to keep this item private so that other users cannot add it to their boards.
By default, the toggle is on and a snapshot of the web item is taken automatically. To turn off the snapshot option, disable the toggle.
If you want to create a new snapshot of the web item, first disable the Create Snapshot toggle and then enable it again.
In case the URL item does not need a snapshot, this checkbox is not displayed.
- In the Tags tab, add tags to the Web Link. This enables searching the board and Content Center by tags. For example, add tags “Cisco'' and “budget” to a web link related to Cisco’s marketing budget for 2021. This will help you while searching for content items associated with Cisco and budgeting.
- Configure the Visibility settings.
- Configure the Metadata & SEO settings.
- To change the web link item’s default image, select an image using the following options:
- Select an image from the Media Library.
- Upload your own image.
- Find an image from the web through Folloze.
- Click Add. The Web Link is added to the board and its image appears as a tile in the Items area.
- To edit the Web Link settings at any time, select the item on the board.
- When you are finished editing, click Save.
- To remove the Web Link item, select the item on the board and click Remove.
Please sign in to leave a comment.