Privacy Warnings, also known as Cookie Warnings, are required by The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and their purpose is to notify users about cookie usage and collection. All individual citizens of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to receive consent before setting cookies.
You can implement custom Privacy Warnings for:
- All your boards on an organizational level
- An individual board
You can also use the Folloze default Privacy Message:
Configuring privacy warnings on the organizational level
You can create your own privacy warnings and add them to a list of privacy messages for your organization.
To configure privacy warnings on an organizational level:
- Navigate to Company Admin > Boards > General.
- To create a new privacy warning, click Add New. You can create multiple warnings and then select your default privacy warning message.
- Name the privacy warning message.
- Add a description to the message to help board owners understand the purpose of this message.
- Under Position on screen, choose the position of the message on the screen (top or bottom of the board).
- To allow the user to not display the message on boards, enable Allow user to close message.
- Enter the Privacy Message.
- Add the URL for the 'Learn more' link.
- Click Save.
- Confirm which Privacy Warning you would like as the default for your organization and click Save again.
Configuring privacy messages on board level
You can choose to enable or disable a privacy warning message on each individual board.
To configure a privacy warning on board level:
Go to your Folloze home page.
Select the board you want to add a privacy warning to.
Click on the Designer tab > General.
To add a warning message for this selected board only, activate Enable Cookie Management (warning message).
- To display the warning message only in regulated countries, enable Only Regulated Countries.
- Click Save.