To enhance your board’s visual appearance and highlight content, you can display blocks of textual and visual elements next to each other in the Side By Side area.
The Side By Side area can contain up to 5 blocks of content, while each block comprises a combination of text and image or only text or only images displayed on the left and right sides.
For example, you can use the Side By Side area for highlighting your value proposition or for adding linked images.
To learn how to design a Text and Image section in BuyEx 3.0, read this article.
Before you begin:
- Choose images to use in your Side By Side area. You can choose images from the Image Library, from the web or upload images from your computer.
- The maximum file size for images is 25 MB.
- The recommended dimensions for images in the Side by Side area are 566 pixels width and 380 pixels height.
To design the Side By Side area:
- Select the board you wish to design.
- Click the Designer tab > Side By Side.
- To display a side by side area on the board, enable Side By Side Area Visibility. If disabled, the board appears without a side by side area.
- To delete a side by side area, click the Trash icon.
While you are working on your Side By Side area, you can view its design in the highlighted display on the right-hand side. To learn more, see Previewing a Board Design.
- In the Position On Board pane, select the position of the side by side area on the board:
- Below banner slot 1
- Below banner slot 2
- Above footer slot 1
- Above footer slot 2
See the diagram below for guidance on positioning the Side By Side area.
- Add a Main Title to the Side By Side area. Titles are limited to 2000 characters.
- To provide additional information, add a Subtitle. Subtitles are limited to 2000 characters.
- To add a block to the Side By Side area, click Add blocks. You can add up to 5 blocks of textual or visual elements, each including a left and right side.
- To delete a block, click the Trash icon.
- To define the left side of the Side By Side area, choose Image or Text under Select left side type.
- If you selected Image, click Select Image.
a. Select an image using the following options:
- Select an image from the Image Library.
- Upload your own image.
- Find an image from the web through Folloze.
b. After selecting an image, click Done.
c. To make an image into a link, enter a URL link in the Image Url textbox. When a lead clicks on the link, the action is tracked in the reports and and Pulse table and displayed as 'Clicked link' on the Activity Stream.
d. To specify if the webpage opens in a new tab or inline, select your choice under Open Url.
- If you selected Text, write a title in the Title box. Titles appear in bold and are limited to 100 characters.
a. Write a description in the Description box. Descriptions are limited to 400 characters.
- To define the right side of the Side By Side area, choose Image or Text under Select right side type.
- Repeat steps 11-16 for the right side of the Side By Side area.
- Click Save.
Additional information on positioning areas on the board
The positioning of the Promo and Side By Side areas on the board is relative to each other. For example, if you select Below banner slot 2, the side by side area is positioned second below the banner, after the promotion area.
Here is an example of how the areas are positioned on a live board:
If you positioned the promo area below the banner, the system automatically positions the side by side area as below banner slot 2. However, you can change these options to position the areas as you wish.
If you select Above footer slot 2, the side by side area is positioned in the second slot above the footer after the promo area. The “above footer slot 2” position is directly above the board’s footer.
When selecting Above footer slot 1, the side by side area is positioned in the first slot above the footer.
Here is an example from a live board:
The number of available slots depends on the number of promo areas added to the board. For instance, if your board has three promo areas, you have the option to position the side by side area in slot 1, 2, 3 or 4 above the footer or in slot 1, 2, 3 or 4 below the banner.
Positioning of the Side By Side and Promo areas on the board is versatile, which allows you to adjust their position in any combination. For example, you can position two promo areas above the footer and one Promo area and the Side By Side area below the banner.
Please sign in to leave a comment.