Vanity URLs are short and unique links that can be easily remembered. They allow you to replace a long URL with a shorter and more descriptive URL address. You can use a custom vanity URL to direct visitors to your board. The vanity URL also helps to enhance your brand identity.
When you create a new board, Folloze gives the board a default URL based on the board’s name plus a string of meaningless letters and numbers. You can change the default URL and create a vanity URL that conveys the board’s message and makes it more appealing for your customers.
You can add a vanity URL to a board when creating a board or when editing a board.
In addition, you can choose to display a board's URL with or without a token. Read our article on Setting up a Protected Board to see which option is best for your use case.
To add a vanity URL to your board:
- Select the board on which you wish to add a vanity URL.
- Click the Designer tab > General.
- In the Vanity URL field, click Edit URL.
- Enter the vanity URL you wish to add.
- Click Apply.
- To confirm the changes, click Confirm.
Considerations about vanity URLs:
- The Vanity URL must be unique within your organization (i.e. two boards cannot use the same vanity URL).
- The URL must be alphanumeric only, any special characters will be removed, and spaces will be replaced with hyphens ‘-’.
- When changing a vanity URL, the previous link is still supported, so any links you shared in the past will redirect to the new URL.
- The best way to get a link to the board is using the "Get Link" menu.
- The default URL is a randomly generated number.
- The default category is “home” if no other exists.
- There is no change in how you add parameters to the URL (i.e., UTM Sources).
- The character limit for each element of the URL is 150 characters.
- When duplicating a board, the default alias is the new board’s name.
For more information on how to update your board's Vanity URL, we've created this walk-through video tutorial.