You can embed a Folloze board in your website to seamlessly incorporate pieces of content on your site.
To embed a board in your website:
- Select the board you wish to embed in your web page.
- Go to the Settings tab > Access and Security > Embedded Board.
- Turn on the Enable Embedded Board toggle.
- Click OK to confirm that you allow the embedded board setting.
A text box opens containing the script for your specific board.
5. Click Copy.
6. Add it to the “body” tag of your web page.
- Only the Items will be displayed. All the other board elements (Header, Banner, Footer, Promotion Area) will be automatically hidden. You can change these configurations in each of the element’s settings to fit your design preferences.
- Add the following html element where you want the board to be embedded inside the page - <div id="folloze-board"></div>
When viewing an item, the item viewer can expand to fit the entire screen.
Keep in mind the following:
- Make sure that the Folloze element is positioned in the page in a way that it can receive a higher “z-index” property than other elements in the page (i.e., header/footer).
- In case the item viewer is not opening as expected, make sure all of its ancestors don’t have a "transform" attribute set.
If you prefer that the item viewer doesn't cover the website’s header, you may add the “headerHeight” parameter when calling the “init” function as following (i.e., header height is 60px):
follozeBoardUrl: "[your board’s public link]",
When embedding a board you’ll need to consider the board’s SSL definition. You can view the SSL setting configured by your organization's Admin under Access and Security.
- If your website is configured with an SSL certificate and has an HTTPS URL, you will need to activate the board’s HTTPS configuration.
- If your board is activated with HTTPS, all link items on the board also need to be HTTPS compliant, because streaming HTTP items will not be available. Make sure to go over your boards to check that they don't contain any HTTP links. If they do, configure them to open in a new tab or remove them.