As a Company Admin, Folloze allows you to add Eloqua forms for use in CTAs, content gating and registration actions. When the board visitor submits the form, Folloze captures the contact information of the visitor while passing the rest of the information to Eloqua as a standard form submit.
Before you begin
Before adding your Eloqua form to Folloze, ensure that your pre-population settings and HTML field names are compatible with Folloze.
Additionally, you will need to retrieve the Eloqua Form ID and Form HTML.
Checking compatibility of Eloqua form fields and values
- Pre-population: Folloze will automatically pre-populate Email Address, First Name, Last Name, and Company Name for all visitors already known to Folloze. Therefore, we recommend removing any field merges from the Eloqua form fields, otherwise the field merge code will display when the form is rendered.
- Field HTML Names: In order for Folloze to accurately capture the form submit data from the Eloqua form to display in the Pulse Tab, the HTML names need to match the following
- Email Address: emailAddress
- First Name: name
- Last Name: lastName
- Company Name: company
- Title: headline
- Business Phone: phone
To check the HTML name in Eloqua:
- Click on the form field and navigate to the Contact Field toolbar on the left-hand side.
- Ensure that HTML Name matches the values listed above.
- Check that Prepopulate field data is set to ‘None’.
Retrieving the Eloqua Form ID and HTML
To add your Eloqua form to Folloze, you need to retrieve the Eloqua Form ID and HTML.
- To find the form ID, look in your browser. The form ID is included in the URL of your browser as the last parameter. For example, in the following URL: secure.p01.eloqua.com/Main.aspx#forms&id=372, the form ID is 372.
- Navigate to the Actions menu in the Eloqua form and select View Form HTML.
The Form Integration Details dialog opens.
3. Choose the Form HTML option.
4. Select all of the HTML and copy it to your clipboard.
Copy the HTML and paste directly into Folloze, do not paste into a word document, email or chat tool first, otherwise the form code may be altered.
Embedding an Eloqua form in Folloze
- In Folloze, go to Company Admin > Forms > Eloqua.
- Click Add Form.
- Give a Form Name for identification purposes. This name is displayed in the drop-down list of forms when adding a form to a board. By clicking the edit icon, you can change the form’s name.
- Enter the Form ID.
- Enter a Success Message. The message displayed after form submission.
- Paste the Form HTML that you copied from Eloqua.
- Click Save.