Using the interactive and dynamic designer allows you to design beautiful and engaging boards in line with your brand.
The What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editor provides you with:
- Total control over rich text editing
- Dynamic formatting experience
- A flexible drag and drop designer to create custom layouts
- Personalization capabilities
- Functionality to add multiple instances of the same section type and arrange the order of board sections
- Stay on brand with corporate themes
Live Board lifecycle
Each board goes through a life cycle of various phases. Any change you make to a board’s life cycle applies at board level.
The status of a board is displayed at board level on the My Boards view and on the Designer top bar.
- Draft: The board is created initially as a draft and is not available online.
- Online: After the board is ready, you can publish it and make it available online for all leads.
- Unpublished changes: any changes made in the designer are initially unpublished and must be published to become online.
- Published changes: changes made to other parts of the boards, such as updating general settings and adding content items are published immediately.
When editing your board’s design, all changes are continually autosaved. You can also quickly undo or redo your changes.
Editor and Preview Modes
To get an idea how your board will look to others, you can view a simulator of the board in Preview mode. Preview mode allows you to view real content, such as call-to-action buttons. A board’s analytics data is not tracked in preview mode.
- To preview your board, click Preview on top of the designer.
To continue editing a board, you must be in Editor mode as all editors and menus are hidden in Preview mode. In Editor mode, you can add and remove sections, edit sections and change the order of sections, as well as add personalization to a board.
- To continue editing, click Back to editor.
Viewing a board
You can also view the board in a new window and see how the live board works. When viewing a board, the analytics data is tracked in the Pulse table. For example, if you filled in a form or clicked a CTA button, this will be recorded in the Activity Stream.
- Open the menu button in the top right corner of the designer and select View Board.
An organization can have one or more themes applied to their company boards to ensure that all boards are designed on brand, effortlessly presenting their style and brand.
The Company Admin chooses the theme colors, fonts and buttons appearing in the designer for users to select from on their boards.
Choosing a theme
When designing a board, you can choose from one of your organization's themes and apply it to your board.
- To change a board's theme, open the menu button in the top right corner of the designer and select one of the themes from the list. As you hover over a theme on the list, you can see how the colors and buttons change accordingly. Depending on the theme you choose, you will have different options available for colors and fonts on your board.
To get started quickly, choose a ready-made template from our library of use-case templates. The Templates library allows you to create and edit templates efficiently without having to create boards, such as live events from scratch.
What is a template?
A template is a fully designed board that contains everything you need to get started, including sample content items, personalization rules, custom scripts, registration pages and more. You can use a template as is, or use it as a reference point for creating a board that is customized to meet your needs.
The Company Admin at your organization will pre-select the Folloze default templates for you to choose from. Additionally, Admins can use Folloze templates as a reference or duplicate an existing template to build their own boards and mark them as templates.
Admins can also remove a board from the templates library.
Any change made to a template will only affect newly created boards and not existing boards created using this template.
To get started creating a board, you first need to choose a template.
Choosing a template
- To create a new board, click Add Board.
- To preview the contents of a template, including the sections and images, click View Template. The template opens in a new tab and displays the board’s live version.
- Select a template and click Next.
- Fill in the board’s details: Name, Display Name, Tags, and Description.
- To add your board to the Company Directory, enable the Set as a company board toggle.
- Select an image for the board or upload your own file.
- Click Create Board.
Now you are ready to design your newly created board using the section templates.