You can use sections to create beautiful and organized boards.
What is a section?
A section is a specific area of your board used to present your content in an organized and visual design.
Each board is pre-designed in a layout of modular sections with specific use cases in mind. However, you can also create a custom layout by mixing and matching sections or adding new sections from the Folloze OOTB Section Gallery as many times as you like on a board. You can also delete a section entirely.
To help you fully design your boards, Folloze has provided you with preset sections to choose from:
- Feature can be used to showcase your agenda, core values, products, services and more in columns or with text and image or in an interactive carousel.
- Content sections can be used to display blocks of content items.
- Banner allows you to design the top part of the board.
- Team sections can be used to introduce your company’s team members in columns or with text and image or in an interactive carousel.
- Testimonials can be used to present testimonials on your board.
- Header & Footer sections allow you to add a header or footer to your board.
- Images sections add to the visual presentation of your board.
Adding a new section
- Go to the Designer tab on your board.
- Hover over the border between sections where you wish to add a new section.
- Click Add Section. The Section Gallery opens and displays the categories of section types.
- Select a category from the menu and then choose one of the displayed section types.
- Click Add Section.
The section appears on your board for you to design.
While creating your board, you can move sections around in any order you like.
- To reorder the sections, open the section toolbar.
- To move the section up or down, click the up or down arrows respectively.
Deleting a section
You can delete any section from your board.
- To delete a section, open the section toolbar.
- Click the trash icon.
Designing the different section types
After choosing a template, you can start designing the individual sections on your board.
Here’s a breakdown of each section type and how each can be used in designing your board.
The Feature section contains several uniquely designed templates from which you can choose.
After adding a Feature section, you can edit the settings, such as colors, text, images and section styling.
The Content section contains templates for displaying your content items. Items will only be displayed if you have previously created content items on your board, otherwise the content section will be blank.
The board’s banner is an important part of your board and can set the tone of your entire board.
To learn how to design the banner settings, read Designing a Banner.
The Team section is designed specifically for the purpose of introducing your team. You can choose between one of the available layout options.
The Testimonials section is designed specifically for presenting customer testimonials about your company or product. You can choose between one of the available layout options.
Header & Footer
The Header section is used to design the top of your board. It contains your company’s logo and tagline. To learn how to edit the header settings, read Designing a Header.
You can add one Footer section at the bottom of the board. To learn how to edit the footer settings, read Designing a Footer.
You can display images in various layouts in the Images section. To learn how to edit the Image section settings, read Designing an Image section.