When creating a new board, you can decide to keep your board private or to post it in your organization's Company Directory of boards and allow other users at your organization to subscribe to your board.
- My Boards: your private boards. Only the board owner can view or send the board. A private board cannot be added to a channel.
- Company Directory: a default channel containing all boards created by users from the same organization. It is designed for sharing boards amongst your organization. It shows all boards that you do not have permissions on so that you can subscribe to them if you wish.
To post your board in the Company Directory:
- Go to your Folloze homepage and click +Add Board. The Create Board dialog opens.
- By default, the Set as a company board toggle is enabled and the board is posted in the Company Directory. To keep your board private, disable the toggle.
You can view all of your organization's boards under Company Directory in the left navigation menu.
Company Directory boards are useful for:
- Creating generic boards that can be used for different customers
- Allowing all users from your company to see your board in the Company Directory
- Adding a company board to channels
- Allowing all users from your company to subscribe to your board and send it directly to viewers
- Enabling other users to duplicate the board
Private boards are useful for:
- Creating personalized boards (e.g. those intended for a specific customer) that shouldn't be used by other people from your company
- Keeping your board private while it is still a draft and you don't want others to use it yet
- Creating private boards that will not appear in the Company Directory or in Folloze search
- In case the owner decides to add editors and/or subscribers to the board, the board appears under their list of boards in My Boards and they can send the board to others.