You can set up and design a registration page for your board and provide your leads with a smooth 2-layer board experience.
For example, add a registration page with an event teaser and give your audience a sneak peek into the upcoming live event.
Additionally, you can begin the lead nurturing process by keeping them engaged and interested on a registration page.
When adding a registration page, leads are required to register on a form before viewing the board. After registering, leads are automatically directed to the board.
After registering once for a board, the lead is directed straight to the live board any time they land on the board without needing to register again.
To add a registration page:
- Select the board to which you wish to add a registration page.
- Go to the Designer.
- Under the board title, open the dropdown list of pages and click + Add Page.
- Select Registration Page.
- Open the Settings button.
- To allow known leads to skip the registration page and go directly to the board, select the toggle Known leads will skip registration page.
By default, this toggle is off and all leads whether known or unknown will need to register on the registration page.
- Select the width layout of the page: Wide grid or Narrow grid.
A registration page opens. The registration page is an exact copy of the main board with a form appearing on the banner section.
By default all the registration page design settings are taken from the live board.
Under the Registration Form type, select the form from the drop-down list.
To allow leads to be directed from the registration form to the main page, they must fill in a registration form. This can be added to any CTA button, form on banner or form section.
All of the general settings are also taken from the live board (e.g., theme color, custom favicon and contact card settings). If you make changes to the general board settings, such as theme, then the registration page is also updated with the changes.
Whenever you publish the main page, the registration page is published as well.
If you wish, you can redesign any of the designer settings of the registration page. For example, you can add sections, personalize specific sections or even delete all of the sections on the registration page and only leave the banner displaying the registration form.
When sending a link to a content item, for instance in an email campaign, the lead will need to fill in the registration page to view the item. Even if the item appears on the board and registration page, the item will only pop up automatically in the item viewer after they register.
Additional information about registration pages
- You can use any CTA button, form on banner, or form section to redirect leads from registration page to main page, as long as you use ‘Registration’ action.
- Analytics for both the registration page and the live board are displayed at board level.
- If a known lead registers for a live event after receiving an email with the board link, when they land on the board from a different browser or device, they are identified by their email address and cookies. The lead is not required to register for the board again and is directed straight to the live board.
- In case an unknown lead lands on a board from a different browser or incognito (without cookies), they will be prompted to register again.
- If the lead shares the board with other people, they will also land on the registration page.
- Preview of the board does not simulate registration and transferring to the main page. To fully simulate the registration page flow, you will need to test on the live board.
- For Personalization, after a lead is identified on a registration page, the main page’s personalization design will take effect once they are redirected to it, even if they landed as an unknown lead.
- Personalization on a registration page is available when inviting known leads. After they land on the board, they already see a personalized board.