Every time a lead lands on your board, Folloze checks for cookies to identify them.
There are two types of leads that can be identified:
- A “known” lead is someone who the system identified by name according to their unique email address.
- A “guest” is an unknown lead who the system does not recognize by name, but it may detect the name of the organization the lead belongs to.
Do Not Track
There are some leads that wish to protect their privacy and remain anonymous when entering a board. To achieve GDPR compliance, you can give your leads the choice of opting out of being tracked by cookies on your board. This is made possible by adding the Do Not Track button in your board’s footer.
To add “Do Not Track” to your board:
- Go to Company Admin > Boards > Footer.
- Enable Add ‘Do not track me’ button.
- Enter the text you wish to appear on the button, i.e., Do Not Track Me.
- Enter text for the help button, i.e., Learn more.
- Enter text for the dialog box that appears explaining what it means to activate this option.
Here’s an example of a footer:
The Pulse table displays the name of each lead and the company they belong to.
If the lead selects Do Not Track, their data remains anonymous and all their activity appears under “Guest” in the board’s analytics. The lead is named “Guest” until they identify themselves by name again.