Folloze personalization capabilities provide each visitor to the board a personalized digital experience.
To further leverage this feature, utilize the "URL Parameter" personalization rule to create multiple variations of a single board. This option is optimal for inbound motions such as digital ad campaigns when the segments don't align to any of the default attribute values. This is also a great option for A/B testing.
Note: the variant parameter will not be stored in the board or visitor analytics section. If variant tracking is necessary, leverage UTM parameters.
To learn how to create personalization rules, start by reading this article.
1. Navigate to the board, then the Designer or Personalization Studio
2. Locate the applicable section and click the personalization icon
3. Select Create rules block:
4. From the parameter drop-down, select URL Parameter 'var'
5. Select the variant and click Done to create the rules block:
To add a new variant, click 'Add URL Parameter 'var'' in the upper right-hand corner, type the value and click 'Add' (this value will be automatically selected when returning to the previous window), then click 'Done'
6. Add the value and messaging/content these audience segments should see:
Once the board's personalization rules are configured, the variant parameter must be appended to the end of the board's URL before send. We recommend compiling a document of all appended links in order to make edits or repurpose the links as needed.
1. Click the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand side and select 'Get Link'
2. Select the first option, Public Link, and click Copy Link:
3. Open an Incognito Browser (this is CRUCIAL to ensuring cookies stored in the browser do not override testing parameters)
5. Repeat this step for any subsequent variant values and utilize the applicable links for those audience segments.
Note: If you have further questions on this feature or need assistance adding variant values, please reach out to your Folloze CSM for assistance.