Before launching a board with personalization rules, always test to ensure the intended visitor experience is achieved.
1. Navigate to the board
2. Click the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand side and select 'Get Link'
3. Select the first option, 'Public Link', and click 'Copy Link'
4. Open an Incognito Browser (this is CRUCIAL to ensuring cookies stored in the browser do not override testing parameters)
5. Paste the link into the browser's address bar
6. Reference the parameters below and append the end of this link to include
then hit enter on your keyboard
The attributes should be appended for the link to test as follows (replace brackets with the applicable value):
First Name: &fn=[value]
Last Name: &ln=[value]
Phone Number: &ph=[value]
Account Domain: &dom=[value]
Inviter's Email: &inby=[value]
First Name: ?fn=[value]
Last Name: ?ln=[value]
Phone Number: ?ph=[value]
Account Domain: ?dom=[value]
Inviter's Email: ?inby=[value]
Important things to remember:
- Browsers will replace any spaces in values automatically, these should not need to be coded manually (e.g., appending a link with '&fn=mary ann' will show the correct value).
- If multiple incognito browsers or tabs are open, they share information. Make sure there is only ONE incognito browser open when testing links.
- If personalization rules do not populate as expected, check the rule in the designer and ensure
- When testing a Campaign Link in a marketing automation or sales enablement platform, a true send must be done through that platform (test sends in these platforms do not populate the bracketed URL parameters in the Campaign Link as they do in a non-test send). We recommend sending the email campaign to a single recipient for testing.
Note: If you have further questions on this feature or need assistance testing personalization rules, please reach out to your Folloze CSM for assistance.