Cookie Consent messages, also known as privacy warnings, are required by The General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and allow you to notify users about cookie usage and collection. All individual citizens of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to receive consent before setting cookies.
As Admin, you can manage cookie messaging for your boards on an organizational level using either internal or external sources.
- Internal: create new cookie messages in Folloze.
- External : use an external tool to handle your organization's cookie messages.
Configuring cookie consent messages on the organizational level
You can create your own cookie messages in Folloze and add them to a list of privacy messages for your organization to set on individual boards. Or, use an external tool to control cookie consent messages for your organization. You can add these external cookie messages to new and existing boards.
You can also use the Folloze default Privacy Message:
To configure cookie consent messages:
- Navigate to Company Admin > Boards > General.
- To enable displaying cookie messages on organizational boards, activate the toggle.
- Define the type of cookie messages displayed on boards:
- Internal: create messages internally in Folloze
- External: use an external tool for cookie messaging
4. When selecting external, to apply the same cookie message for all boards, including existing boards, turn on the toggle Enable external cookie consent messaging for existing boards.
5. When selecting internal, to display the cookie consent message only in regulated countries, enable Only Regulated Countries.
When configuring cookie messages, Folloze supports both BX2 and BX3 versions. The following table details the differences between BX2 and BX3:
|Function||Difference in version|
|Adding cookie messages to boards|
To create a new cookie message:
- Click Add New. You can create multiple messages and then set a default cookie consent message from the drop-down list.
Give a Message name.
- Add a Description to the message to help board owners understand the purpose of this message.
- Under Position on screen, set the position of the message on the screen (board top or bottom).
- To allow the user to hide the message on boards, enable Allow user to close message.
- In the textbox, enter the Privacy Message that users will see on the board.
- Add the URL for the 'Learn more' link.
- Click Save.
- Confirm which cookie message you would like as the default for your organization and click Save again.
Configuring cookie consent messages on board level
You can choose to activate or deactivate a cookie consent message on each individual board.
Please sign in to leave a comment.