Creating a new channel
A channel serves as a means of grouping together related boards into one location, simplifying sharing and collaboration within your organization. It can contain boards created by different owners.
Channels streamline the sharing process, allowing you to share multiple pieces of content with multiple people at once. Rather than sharing individual boards repeatedly, Instead of having to share individual boards one after the other, you can simply group related boards within a channel and then share that channel with the relevant users in your company.
You can create a channel for a specific product, campaign, sales region or any particular topic.
To create a new channel:
- On the My Boards tab, click Add Channel at the top right.
- Enter a name for your channel.
- (Optional) Add a description telling people what the channel is about.
- Click Create.
Your new channel is displayed in the left sidebar under Channels. All of the boards on which you have permissions are listed under Channels.
Company Templates channel
The Company Templates channel includes predesigned templates for common use-cases.
Your Company Admins and Editors have already prepared and rebranded these templates with your organization’s content, logos and images.
To get started quickly creating boards, use the templates given in the Company Templates channel as a reference or duplicate a template and edit it to suit your needs.
To use a Company Template:
- Go to your Folloze homepage and select the Company Templates channel. By default, the Company Templates channel is listed first in the list of channels.
- Select the template you want to use and perform one of the following:
- Use the template as a reference to create a new board, or
- Duplicate the template and begin working on it.
3. Save the board.
Adding boards to a channel
After creating a new channel, you can add existing boards to the channel. You must own a channel in order to add boards to it.
To add a board to a channel:
- Go to your Folloze homepage. Find the board you want to add to a channel.
- Hover over the board tile. In the upper right corner, click the menu button and select Add to...
- Select an existing channel from the drop-down menu. Or, click + New Channel to add the board to a new channel.
The board is added to the channel. When opening the channel, all of the boards grouped together in the channel are displayed.
To learn about sharing a channel with your colleagues, read Sharing a Channel of Boards.
Editing a channel name
If you are the channel owner, you can change both the channel name and description. This is useful if you wish to change the channel's intended purpose.
To edit a channel name and description:
- Go to your Folloze homepage. On the left sidebar, click the channel you want to edit.
- At the top right, click the menu button and select Edit.
- Edit the channel name and/or description and click Save.
Deleting a channel
If a channel is no longer necessary, you can delete it. After deleting a channel, it is permanently removed from both your Folloze account and your subscribers' accounts. Only an owner can delete a channel.
Deleting a channel does not delete the boards shared in that channel, and all former subscribers still have access to those boards.
To delete a channel:
- Go to your Folloze homepage. On the left sidebar, click the channel you want to delete.
- At the top right, click the menu button and select Delete from the drop-down menu.
- To confirm the deletion, click Delete.