Adding a Registration Page to a Board
By adding a registration page, you can provide your customers with a smooth 2-layer end-to-end event journey that ensures comprehensive analytics data for the board’s entire flow. Leads are required to register before they are automatically directed to the live event or gated content.
- Registration page (layer I) - event teaser, information about the upcoming event, nurturing interactions, the opportunity to register
- Live event/Gated content page (layer II) - additional content and items, the live event, and personalized content according to leads
To add a registration page:
- Select the board you wish to add a registration page to.
- Go to Settings > Access and Security.
- Select Open To All.
- Select the Add Registration Page checkbox.
- To add the registration page for all leads (known and unknown), select Known leads must also register to access the board.
- On the right-hand side, click Save Settings.
A new registration designer icon is added in the left navigation bar. This opens a Registration Designer consisting of Header, Banner, Promotion, and Side By Side tabs only.
- By default all the registration page design settings are taken from the live board.
- All of the general settings are also taken from the live board (e.g., theme color, custom favicon and personalization settings of the contact card).
- If you make changes to the live board, the registration page is updated with the changes (e.g., if you change the theme color of the live board, the registration page changes accordingly).
- If you wish, you can redesign the registration page designer settings.
- Design the Header area of the registration page. For more details on designing a header, read here.
- Design the Banner area of the registration page. For more details on designing a banner, read here.
- Design the Promotion area of the registration page. For more details on designing a promotion area, read here.
- Design the Side By Side area of the registration page. For more details on designing a side by side area, read here.
- In any of the Header, Banner, or Promotion areas, add a registration form to the board by selecting the CTA Registration action.
After you have added a registration form to the board, the lead can register for the live board or the gated content.
To learn more about creating forms, see Adding Call-to-Action Buttons to Boards.
Additional information about registration
- To direct leads to the live board or gated content after registration, you must select the Registration action. You can select the Registration action at Show form on board or as an Action Button.
- After registering once for the board, the lead is directed straight to the live board any time they land on the board and there is no need to register again.
- In case a known lead registers for a live board and then lands on the board from a different browser or device, they are identified by their email address and cookies. The lead is not required to register for the board again and is directed straight to the live board.
- In case an unknown lead lands on a board from a different browser or incognito (without cookies), they will be prompted to register again.
- If the lead shares the board with other people, they also land on the registration page.
- Analytics and reporting are identical for both the registration page and the live board.
- Unlike the live board which can be personalized for specific leads, you cannot add personalization variants to the registration page.
Please sign in to leave a comment.