Vanity URLs are short and unique links that can be easily remembered. They allow you to replace a long URL with a shorter and more descriptive URL address. You can use a custom vanity URL to direct your customers to a specific content item on your boards.
When you create a new item on your board, Folloze gives the item a default URL based on the title of the item. You can change the default URL and create a vanity URL making your item more appealing for your customers.
You can add a vanity URL when creating a new content item or when editing an existing item.
Vanity URLs for items are useful because:
- The item always has the same name, even if you change the title name of the item.
- The item has a unique and understandable name that conveys the essence of the item.
- The vanity URL keeps your brand coherent across the platform. It should include your brand name and meaningful words describing the item. For example, for a content item about fundraising tips add the following vanity URL: businessname.com/fundraisertips.
To add a vanity URL to an item:
- Select the board on which you want to edit a content item.
- Select the content item for which you want to add a vanity URL.
The Edit dialog opens.
- In the Vanity URL field, click the edit icon.
The Set item vanity URL dialog opens.
- Enter the vanity URL you wish to add and click Apply.
- Click Save.
Considerations for vanity URLs:
- The Vanity URL must be unique within the board (i.e. two items cannot have the same vanity URL).
- The URL must be alphanumeric only, any special characters will be removed, and spaces will be replaced with hyphens ‘-’.
- When changing a vanity URL, the previous link is supported, so any links you shared in the past will redirect to the new URL.
- The default URL will also direct a customer to the content item.