As a board owner, editor or subscriber, you can make a copy of any existing board.
Duplicating boards is useful for:
- Designing a reusable template thereby minimizing time spent customizing each board.
- Customizing your favorite board for a new account.
- Reusing only parts of a board.
When duplicating a board, any personalization rules and email templates you added to the board are also duplicated.
You can choose which content items you want copied to the new board. Additionally, you have the option to copy the board's custom scripts onto the new board.
Tip: Editing an existing board creates changes that can unintentionally affect that board’s current users. If you want to repurpose an existing board, we suggest making a new, separate duplicate instead.
To duplicate a board:
- Go to your Folloze homepage and select the board you want to duplicate.
- Perform one of the following:
- In the upper right corner, open the dropdown menu and select Duplicate.
Go into the board you want to duplicate. Open the dropdown menu in the top right and select Duplicate.
3. Choose which content items you want copied to the new board.
4. To copy the board's custom scripts, enable Copy customization. If enabled, the board's backend scripts and layout scripts are duplicated onto the new board.
Before launching the duplicated board, test the board to verify that all scripts are working properly. Some scripts are created for a specific board and may not duplicate successfully onto a new board.
5. To finish, click Create.
6. To edit the duplicated board, click Create and edit.
The Edit Board dialog opens.
7. Edit the new board's title, description and image as you wish. You can always change these settings later, too.
8. Click Save.
You are now the owner of the new board, and can edit or use it as you wish.
9. To edit the new board's design settings, go to the Designer tab. To learn more, see Designing a Board.
10. To add personalization rules to the new board, go to the Personalization tab. To learn more, see Personalizing Content Items.
Please sign in to leave a comment.