Folloze allows you to write, edit and publish original content as articles directly inside your environment. You can also add images, videos and quotes to your article. To give your article a personal touch, add your author bio to the article.
After articles are published you can share them as content items on your boards. For example, you can publish blog-style posts to a resource center or create content for specific target accounts.
An article goes through several life cycle stages before finally being published online. By default, an article is saved as a draft offline until published online. This allows you to continue writing and editing the content of your article before you are ready for others to see it on the live board.
The following statuses are available for articles:
- Draft: Save your article as a draft before publishing. A draft is saved offline and is not visible on the live board. In case you saved an article as a draft it also appears under the Drafts tab in the Content Center.
- Publish: When you are ready to make the article available to customers, publish it online.
- Unpublished Changes: You can edit or change the article at any time, even after it is published. After saving changes, make sure to publish the article again if you want the changes to be seen on the live board.
Before you begin:
- Choose an image to use for the article item tile. You can choose an image from the Image Library, from the web or upload an image from your computer.
- The maximum file size for images is 25 MB.
- Prepare the size of the item tile image to ensure it displays appropriately. The image size for item tiles is fixed at 350 pixels width by 235 pixels height.
To add an article to a board:
- Go to your Folloze homepage. Select the board you want to add an article to.
- Select Add Content > Article.
- Add a Title to your article and start writing your article on this page.
A new article is automatically saved as a draft.
- To customize the article’s header settings, hover over the author's name or picture and click the settings icon.
- Under Header Layout, specify the position of your article’s header:
- Above Title: the header appears above the title.
- Below Title: the header appears below the title.
- To Show Article Author in the heading, enable the toggle.
- To change the author name, choose a name from the drop-down menu.
- To Show Author Bio, enable the toggle.
If enabled, your author bio appears below your article, including your profile picture and social media links.
- To Show Read Time, enable the toggle.
- To Show Published Date, enable the toggle.
- To change the published date, use the date picker to select a date.
Editing an article
To edit an article:
- Highlight the text you wish to edit. A rich-text toolbar opens.
- Using the text editing options, make the desired formatting changes, including font styles and colors, text alignment, list formatting, and headers.
- To add the following options to your article, hover over an empty line and click the plus icon.
- Image: select an image from the available images or upload an image of your own.
- Video: enter a URL.
- Quote: add a quote in italics to your article.
- Bullet list: add a bullet list.
- Ordered list: add an ordered list.
- Divider: add a divider line in your article to break sections.
- To edit an image, select the image and the design options appear, including size, alignment, cropping, and more.
- If you wish to save the draft and continue writing and editing later, click Save as Draft.
The Add Article dialog opens.
- In the Details tab, define the following:
Options Description Article
The internal name you use to identify your article. You cannot edit this field after the article is created.
To review/edit the article, select Edit Article.
By default, this field is populated by the article title above. You can edit the title name here. This title is seen on the live board.
If you change the article title here, this does not update the title in the Article Editor.
Provide a description telling what the article is about. The description is seen on the live board.
Keep private Select this option if you wish to keep this article private so that it cannot be used by others.
- To search the board and Content Center by tags, add tags to your article in the Tags tab. For example, if you are writing an article about marketing strategies for high-tech companies on a budget, add the tags “marketing strategies” and “budget” to the article. This will help you while searching for all content related to marketing strategies and budget.
- Configure the Visibility settings.
- Configure the Metadata settings.
- To change the item’s default image, select an image using the following options:
- Click Add.
The Article is added to the board and its image appears as a tile in the Items area.
- To continue writing your article draft, select the article you wish to edit from your board.
In the Details tab, click Edit Article. You can now continue writing and editing your draft.
When you are finished editing, click Save.
To remove an Article item, select the item on the board and click Remove.
Publishing an Article
When your article is all ready, you can publish it on your board. After publishing, the article switches to online mode and is available on the live board.
To publish an article:
- To publish your article, select Publish.
- To make changes to your article after publishing, click Edit Article and make your changes.
While a page has unpublished edits, an Unpublished Changes badge appears at the top of the page to remind you to publish.
- Click Save and Close.