A content spread-out displays all content items in the section making it easier to scan items because all content is visible. You can add a filter to the section to allow leads to quickly browse by category. In addition, you can add a search box to enable leads to search for specific content items.
Designing a content spread-out section
- Select the board you wish to design with a Content spread-out section and open the Designer tab.
- Hover over the border between sections where you want to add a content section and click Add Section. The Section Gallery opens and displays the section types.
- Select Content from the section menu. Then, select the Content Spread-out template.
- Click Add Section. The new Content Spread-out section appears on your board for you to design.
- To edit a Content section element, choose one of the section editors.
- Content Spread-out section editor - design the layout of the Content section and the information to be displayed on each item card.
- Background editor - edit background settings, including images and padding
- Text editor - edit the title and subtitle
Note: To personalize specific content items within a category in the section and display them based on a certain rule, go to the Personalization Studio to create personalization rules. For other personalization capabilities, use the Personalization mode on the Designer.
Using the content spread-out widget
Using the widget editor, you can design the Content section settings, such as configuring the item card information and item viewer settings.
- To open the content spread-out section editor, click the edit button on the content section toolbar.
- To hide the Title or Subtitle, disable the eye icon next to it.
- Set the Alignment of the title and subtitle.
- Under Item information, show or hide the following information on the item card:
- Description: show a description about the item. The description is taken from the Edit Article dialog
- Views: show the number of views an item received
- Likes: show the number of likes an item received
- Type: show the item type (e.g., article, link, file, etc.)
5. Under Item viewer, choose how the item is viewed on the board:
- Classic theme displays a content item on the entire screen. This is optimal for displaying files and articles.
- Lightbox theme highlights the item while displaying it on the background of the board. This is generally used for images and videos.
6. Enable the eye icon next to Allow download, to show the download icon and allow users to download files.
7. Select the layout option for viewing the journey of next items on the Item Viewer:
- Bottom: the next 3 items are presented at the bottom of the item viewer. The image below displays a Bottom layout for viewing the next items:
- Arrows: use the arrows on the Item Viewer to view the next items.
8. Under Source,
- Select the categories to show in the Content section.
- Sort the order of items on the board and choose how to display the items in the section, according to the most popular or the order on board.
9. Under Filter & Search,
- To show a filter, enable the eye icon next to Filter.
- Choose a filter text color.
- Choose a filter background color.
- Select filter categories: choose the categories to be displayed in the section. You can choose to display all sections or to display a specific category only. If only a specific category is displayed, the user can use the filter to browse content by other categories. If all content categories are displayed, an item included in all categories will only appear once.
- To add a search box in the items area, enable the eye icon next to Search.
The expanded search field allows users to find specific content items on boards by searching for words related to the author name, bio and published date, and the item title, description and type. For example, enter the word “link” to search for all the items that are links.
10. Under Layout,
- Show or hide the Categories title and description and choose their text color. If you hide the title and description, all items are displayed together and they are not divided into categories.
- Set the number of items per row.
- Select the design: Classic or Accent.
- To add a See more button to the sections, enable the eye icon. This shows a ‘more’ button after 2 lines of items.
11. To add Animation, select the checkbox.
Designing the content section background
You can design the background with a unique background color, image or video and update padding settings.
- To open the background editor, click the background edit button on the content section toolbar.
- To edit the background elements, see the help article Using the Background Editor.
Editing the content section title and subtitle
You can use the text editor to edit the Content section title and subtitle.
- To open the text editor, hover over the text of the title or subtitle in the Content section and click the text edit button.
- To format the text elements, see the article Using the Text Editor.