You can select a single leading item to display in the Content section or choose to dynamically display the most popular item. After selecting an item, you can design the item card settings. For example, you can show the number of views and likes and the item type on each content item.
Here are a few ways to use a Single Item Content section:
- Display an inspirational content item like a keynote video or promotion item that will intrigue your audience to continue and explore
- Add a video presenting a message from a key account member
Designing a single item content section
- Select the board on which you wish to add a Single Item section and open the Designer tab.
- Hover over the border between sections where you want to add the section and click Add Section. The Section Gallery opens and displays the section types.
- Select Content from the section menu. Then, select the Single Item template.
- Click Add Section. The new content section appears on your board for you to design.
- To edit a Content section element, choose one of the section editors.
- Single item section editor - design the overall look of the section and item card information.
- Background editor - edit background settings, including images and padding
- Text editor - edit the title and subtitle
- Button editor - design the CTA button style and settings
Note: To personalize the Single Item section, use the personalization mode in the U3 Designer only.
Using the single item section editor
Using the single item section editor, you can design the Content section settings, such as configuring the item card information and item viewer settings.
- To open the single item section editor, click the edit button on the content section toolbar.
- To hide the Title, Subtitle or Button, disable the eye icon next to it.
- Set the Alignment of the title, subtitle and button.
- Under Layout, select the layout of the title and image item - title above item or title next to item.
- Set the Image Size: small, medium or large.
- To allow the content to span the entire width of the grid, enable the Full bleed toggle.
- Under Source, choose how the leading item is selected.
- Dynamic - the item is selected dynamically according to the most viewed item on the board. This is based on the selected choice under Sort.
- Manual - select a leading item from the list of items.
8. Show or hide the following information on the Item card:
- Title: show the item’s title and choose a title color
- Description: show a description about the item and choose a text color for the description
- Views: show the number of views an item received
- Likes: show the number of likes an item received
- Type: show the item type (e.g., article, link, file, etc.)
9. Under Item viewer, choose how the item is viewed on the board:
- Classic theme displays a content item on the entire screen. This is optimal for displaying files and articles.
- Lightbox theme highlights the item while displaying it on the background of the board. This is generally used for images and videos.
Designing the section background
You can design the background with a unique background color, image or video and update padding settings.
- To open the background editor, click the background edit button on the content section toolbar.
- To edit the background elements, see the help article Using the Background Editor.
Editing the Content section title and subtitle
You can use the text editor to edit the Content section title and subtitle.
- To open the text editor, hover over the text of the title or subtitle in the Content section and click the text edit button.
- To format the text elements, see the article Using the Text Editor.
Designing a call-to-action (CTA) button
You can design the CTA button displayed on the Single item section, including the button style and the type of action taken when it is used.
- Hover over the CTA button and click the edit button.
- To style the button elements, see the article Designing buttons and forms.