To create a short and memorable URL for your board, add a Vanity URL to the board. You can set a vanity URL when creating or editing a board.
When you create a new board, Folloze gives the board a default URL based on the board’s name plus a string of meaningless letters and numbers. You can replace the long default URL with a shorter and more descriptive address that conveys the board’s message while making it more appealing for your customers and enhancing your brand identity.
In addition, you can choose to display a board's URL with or without a token. Read our article on Setting up a Protected Board to see which option is best for your use case.
To set a board vanity URL:
- Select the board on which you wish to set a vanity URL.
- Go to the Settings tab > General > Vanity URL.
- In the Vanity URL field, click the edit icon. The Set board vanity URL dialog opens.
- Enter the vanity URL you wish to add.
- Click Apply.
- To confirm the changes, click Confirm.
- Click Save Settings.
Considerations about vanity URLs:
- The Vanity URL must be unique within your organization (i.e. two boards cannot use the same vanity URL).
- The URL must be alphanumeric only, any special characters will be removed, and spaces will be replaced with hyphens ‘-’.
- When changing a vanity URL, the previous link is still supported, so any links you shared in the past will redirect to the new URL.
- The best way to get a link to the board is using the "Get Link" menu.
- The default URL is a randomly generated number.
- The default category is “home” if no other exists.
- There is no change in how you add parameters to the URL (i.e., UTM Sources).
- The character limit for each element of the URL is 150 characters.
- When duplicating a board, the default alias is the new board’s name.