When your content items are divided into categories, you can display them under category tabs in the Content with Tabs section.
Here are a few ways to use the Content with Tabs section:
- Add a Library of Assets for an audience (segment, account, persona, region)
- Display key curated content
After choosing the Content with Tabs template, you can begin designing the section and its items. For example, you can show the number of views and likes and the item type on each content item. You can also add a search box to enable leads to search for specific content items.
Designing a content with tabs section
- Select the board you wish to design with a Content with tabs section and open the Designer tab.
- Hover over the border between sections where you want to add a content section and click Add Section. The Section Gallery opens and displays the section types.
- Select Content from the section menu. Then, select the Content with tabs template.
- Click Add Section. The new Content with tabs section appears on your board for you to design.
- To edit a Content section element, choose one of the section editors.
- Content with Tabs section editor - design the overall look of the section and item card information.
- Background editor - edit background settings, including images and padding
- Text editor - edit the title and subtitle
Using the content with tabs section editor
Using the content with tabs section editor, you can design the Content section settings, such as configuring the item card information and item viewer settings.
- To open the content with tabs editor, click the edit button on the content section toolbar.
- To hide the Title or Subtitle, disable the eye icon next to it.
- Set the Content alignment of the title and subtitle.
- Under Item card information, show or hide the following information on the item card:
- Description: show a description about the item. The description is taken from the Edit Article dialog.
- Views: show the number of views an item received.
- Likes: show the number of likes an item received.
- Type: show the item type (e.g., article, link, file, etc.)
5. Under Item viewer, choose how the item is viewed on the board:
- Classic theme displays a content item on the entire screen. This is optimal for displaying files and articles.
- Lightbox theme highlights the item while displaying it on the background of the board. This is generally used for images and videos.
6. To show the download icon and allow users to download files, enable the eye icon.
7. Under Source,
- Select the categories to show in the Content section.
- Sort the order of items on the board and choose how to display the items in the section, according to newest, popular or order on board.
8. Under Layout,
- Show or hide the Categories title and description.
- Set the number of items per row.
- Select the design: Classic or Accent.
- To add a search box in the items area, select the eye icon next to Search.
The expanded search field allows users to find specific content items on boards by searching for words related to the author name, bio and published date, and the item title, description and type. For example, enter the word “link” to search for all the items that are links.
- To add a See more button to the sections, enable the eye icon. This shows a ‘more’ button after 2 lines of items.
9. To add Animation, select the checkbox.
Designing the section background
You can design the background with a unique background color, image or video and update padding settings.
- To open the background editor, click the background edit button on the content section toolbar.
- To edit the background elements, see the help article Using the Background Editor.
Editing the content section title and subtitle
You can use the text editor to edit the Content section title and subtitle.
- To open the text editor, hover over the text of the title or subtitle in the Content section and click the text edit button.
- To format the text elements, see the article Using the Text Editor.
Please sign in to leave a comment.