The Personalization mode is a view in BuyEx 3.0 that allows you to customize messaging and content on Folloze boards to more effectively personalize the buyer experience. You can enable personalization rules on a board so that the various sections can be personalized based on different visitor attributes.
This feature is set up through a powerful rule-based engine that can identify and update the board experience for Account Name, Contact First Name, and other attributes; as well as offer specific assets relevant to the buyer. Personalization is easy to set up, scalable, increases engagement, and differentiates you from your competitors.
Enabling the Personalization Rules
Before you begin personalizing boards, enable the personalization rules in the General Settings of the board.
- Select the board you wish to enable personalization rules on.
- Go to the Settings tab > General > Enable Personalization Rules.
- Activate the Enable Personalization Rules toggle. If this toggle is not visible, please contact your Folloze CSM for assistance.
- Click Save Settings.
Entering Personalization mode on a board
To begin personalizing a board, you first need to enter the Personalization mode. Once you are in Personalization mode, you can create personalization rules that affect the settings of an entire section. Board sections are dynamically highlighted in pink to demonstrate you are working in personalization mode.
- Go to the board you wish to personalize.
- Enable the Personalization mode toggle.
After enabling the Personalization mode, the personalization icon appears on the board sections.
Now you are ready to start personalizing your board.
Creating Personalization Rules
In personalization mode, you can create rules to determine how a section is displayed for different board visitors. Personalization rules apply at section level and apply to all elements in the section, including the background, images, buttons, title and more.
For example, you can personalize the header section for specific accounts and display a customized header and logo for the different accounts landing on your board.
If you wish to personalize all board sections or another section on the board, you need to create the rule again and edit each section separately.
You can create multiple personalization rules for the same section. Any rules created for a section will apply to all UI elements.
- Go to the section that you want to personalize and click Set personalization. The rule builder opens.
- In the rule builder that opens, click CREATE RULE.
- Choose an attribute to personalize from the drop-down list (e.g., Account Domain , Account Name, etc.). If you wish to add attributes not included in this list, please contact your Folloze CSM.
- Select a value to apply to the rule and click Done. You can select one of the following:
- single value
- multiple values
- any value from the list
- add a new value (e.g., ADD ACCOUNT DOMAIN).
5. Click the selected value (e.g., United States, Canada). The section editor appears.
6. Open the section editor and personalize the design of the section for the selected value. For example, show or hide the title for Account Countries “United States and Canada”.
10. To preview the personalized section, click the selected value in the rule. The section changes according to the rule you created and displays a variation of the section.
11. To delete collections of rules, click the trash icon.
12. To add values to the rule, click the plus icon.
13. If you have more than one rule on a section, use the arrows to set the order of rules. When a lead lands on the board, they will see a variation of the section based on the first rule that fits their identity (according to the order of rules).
14. To personalize another section of the board, go to the section and click the personalization icon. The rule builder opens. Follow the steps above to personalize the section.
15. To personalize a floating section, open the floating sections and click the relevant personalization icon. Use the Rule Builder to create a personalization rule. In personalization mode, you cannot change the position of floating sections.
16. To publish the newly personalized board, click Publish.
17. To return to the board editor, disable the Personalization mode toggle. The Preview mode is not available when personalizing boards.
Testing the personalization rules
To test personalization, you need to publish the board and change the URL. Then paste the link in an incognito browser.
To learn more about testing personalization rules, read here.
More information on Personalization
- All changes made in personalization mode are autosaved.
- In personalization mode, you cannot change the order of sections or delete a section. You also cannot preview a personalized board.
- In text elements, you can add merge tags, which are placeholders that will be populated when a lead lands on board, such as first name or account name.